1.0 out of
5, based on 1 ratings and 3 reviews & complaints.
Most Popular | Newest |
More Options >
More filter options:
[+] Share this page
Save your health and your money!! Don't rent AMLI!
Posted by Jena on
SUWANEE, GEORGIA -- We just moved out of Amli at McGinnis Ferry, Suwanee this weekend because of a horrible cigarette smell left from a previous tenant, and a mold infestation.
We moved our recently new sofa, linens and other clothing into a new home, and brought the smell with us! I will have to pay to have all of it professionally cleaned! What a nightmare. And they only offered to clean our carpets, which was done prior to us moving in, so how could it possibly help? And they offered to do a fog treatment, however, on top of this seeming terribly inconvenient for my husband and I, I didn't want to risk whatever chemicals or unnatural substance would be lurking after the treatment was done.
My husband has horrible allergies (including a mold allergy) and I am 20 weeks pregnant, so we just didn't want to risk the fog treatment. We simply wanted out. In the midst of trying to remedy this one situation, our mold infestation was on the rise! Black, fuzzy mold that grew from condensation build up flooded all our apartment's windows. We notified them immediately, as I figured such thing would be taken seriously.
They instructed me on proper steps to take in order to avoid the situation. I removed the mold, and began following these steps. However, it grew back 2 weeks later, and every time we remove/ clean the area it's back within 2 weeks, if not a week.
We have notified them several times about both issues. I have called, gone in to the office, written letters, and I'm now reaching out to our city's code enforcement and the health department, and possibly news stations to grab someone's attention! It's not about us anymore, future tenants should not live here! The apartment, although it may appear nice and pretty on the outside, is filthy. Serious remedies should be taken before anyone lives in that unit. Save your health and your money....don't rent Amli.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 1 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
Townhome Rental Community
Posted by mychicago on
NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS -- The AMLI Residential Property located in Naperville Illinois is one that everyone seeking a Rental in Naperville SHOULD AVOID!!!! This is at first glance an upscale looking community, one that states provides premium rentals, luxury rentals, unsurpassed living environments for its residents. A Staff that care after you sign a lease.
PLEASE Take a second to read.............DO NOT LEASE HERE!!!!! I have been a tenant of AMLI for two years. Am an over 40 professional. Have lived in many places during my career. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!!!! residing here. THE UNITS are full of MOLD, WATER DAMAGE that AMLI tries to cover up with drywall and spackle hoping the next tenant does not find it. THE WALLS AND WINDOWS and
outside structure is infested with MOLD. The corporate offices have no interest. And the regional management along with the onsite management look the other way, patching until the next sucker signs a lease. The environment is unsafe. The quality of tenants is questionable. Meaning safety is an issue here.
The units are built poorly. You can hear your neighbors shower, cabinets open and clothes in the bathrooms and kitchen, pipes bang, you can hear your neighbors almost everyword at all hours of the evening. Children play in the streets all day and night. There is no onsight management after the office closes at six pm. Leaving you as a tenant to fend for yourself or call the police. NOISE IS EXTREME. Animals running unleased, barking all day and evening.
I had two huge over 70 pound dogs living next to me. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!! My point, on the outside these units appear neat and manicured, on the inside they seem to appear wonderful appointed. They are cheaply built housing that
just appear nice, poorly run, poorly maintained, unsafe, unhealthy and have provided me nothing but headaches and LACK OF SLEEP.
Please look elsewhere for a wonderful living environment, you will not find it here.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 11 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
Overpriced, Overrated, And Under Maintained - You've Been Warned
Posted by hereandthere34 on
DENVER, COLORADO -- We have been living in the Amli and Lowry Estates complex for about seven months. We have been less than pleased. The following is a list of just some of our gripes:
- The carpet, fixtures, cabinets, blinds, and appliances - pretty much everything - are of the cheapest and shoddiest quality. Obviously, an apartment complex isn't going to go with top grade. But for the money they're charging, you shouldn't see the veneer of the cabinets peeling off; you should be able to run the dishwasher and hear the television at the same time; your entire wall shouldn't shake when you heat something up in the microwave; your lights shouldn't dim when you turn more than one piece of electronic equipment on. You get the picture.
- The common areas are not well kept (e. g. trash and dog feces in the grassy areas, run down equipment in the fitness center, huge stains and odd smells in the entryways to the apartments, etc.).
- The management acts "put out" if you ask them to do anything. For example, we had a complaint about another neighbor overtly throwing litter into the common area. We called twice about the same issue. In both instances, the leasing office personnel took a tone of obvious irritation that we were contacting them, and nothing came of the complaint. The trash was never picked-up.
- They find every excuse to charge you fees and fines. For example, a bank error caused one of our rent checks to be returned. Even though the error was proven to be on the bank's end, Amli refused to re-submit the check for a second time, charged us $100 in late fees and other fines, and required a cashier's check or money order for rent payment going forward. This is how they treat tenants who have always faithfully paid their bloated rent on time.
- Beware of a "bait and switch" when you take a tour. I was told that the show apartment was "basically the same" as the apartment I leased, although they didn't have an example of the layout I eventually chose available for me to tour. On move-in day I walked into the leased apartment to find it was nothing like the show apartment. The layout wasn't even close! I wound-up having to lease another style to the tune of an extra $200 per month, as I had no other choice with all of my belongings packed into a moving truck out front.
- During the Winter they allow snow and ice to build-up on the North facing areas, including parking spaces and thoroughfares. You find yourself doing a funny dance as you slip and slide your way to your car. Nice and safe.
And on and on. The only nice thing I can say about this place is the maintenance crew. They have always been pleasant and prompt.
Bottom line: you can get SO much more for your money. We didn't have the luxury of shopping the area before we moved, and chose Amli based on the surface appearance. But, look at other properties before signing on the dotted line. These apartments are overpriced from the start, but it was only after we moved-in and lived there for a while that we realized how much money we're throwing away on this place.