British Airways and UK, a nightmare
We are a couple with terrible experience with British Airways, in general with UK as well. We booked our flight and hotel together on British Airways website. Huge mistake! We wish to warn others against it, so here are the details of our nightmare.
• First of all, UK treats all as criminals and terrorists. Just for a 3-nights vacation you have to go through an extremely complicated enormous gigantic amount of paper-work and a sky-high fee (non-refundable), then they look down under their nose and turn down, as if a ”Royalty” is looking down at some “low-life”. So every time they are making lots and lots of money at our expense, but we get practically nothing other than torture and insult.
• 4-star hotels on the British Airways website are not really 4-star, they are rather worth a 2-star.
• These hotels charge sky-high amount of money per night, however they provide some stinky, stuffy, closet-size tiny rooms with matchbox-size bathroom, no bathtub, no refrigerator, no minibar, no internet, no elevator, no concierge, no air-conditioning!
• Carpets would be stained and worn-out. Walls and furnitures would be chipped and 200 years old.
• The customers pay 10 times as much, then the hotel would put the customers in the basement on arrival.
• A “full-breakfast-included” reservation would be denied. Even though the customers have already pre-paid their one year’s salary’s worth charge for full breakfast, they would get just coffee and juice as “breakfast” and would be forced to pay around 25 British pounds (around 40 USA dollars) for that!!!
• They should come to Scandinavia or Germany to learn what actual “breakfast” means, learn numerous varieties of cheese, meat, dairy-products, bread, cereals, egg-preparations and greens can be served in breakfast, which UK probably never heard of.
• Here comes the most scandalous part. British Airways has made their reservation cancellation/alteration policy is as brutal as possible. It’s almost impossible. Again a sky-high charge, again one year’s salary down the drain. And we are from frying pan to fire. Once you make the reservation, you are doomed to hell, no way out, so British Airways can laugh all the way to the bank. While most of the flight+hotel booking website has a “totally free cancellation” policy!