My experience with CanadaPharmacy.com
I recently had a very unsatisfactory, disturbing transaction with a company that does business at www.canadapharmacy.com. That may be the formal name of the company, or maybe not. The formal name of this company is not clear.
Here are the *major* problems I had with this company. I am omitting the minor ones.
1. I ordered a blood pressure medication called Benicar, made by Sanyo. The company shipped me a medicine with the same generic name (olmesartan medoximil), but made by Pfizer.
I complained about not being given Benicar. The explanation I received from CanadaPharmacy for why it shipped a product I did not order, made no sense.
I was told that CanadaPharmacy.com is not allowed to ship Benicar. Yet another Canadian pharmacy told me that it would ship me Benicar, made by Sanyo, if that was that I ordered.
2. I was billed as soon as CanadaPharmacy received my order, even tho it claimed it had not received the actual RX from my doc. (I had mailed my order, and the RX, in the same envelope.) Yet the product was not shipped until 2 weeks later, and I did not receive it for another 3 1/2 weeks.
3. CanadaPharmacy apparently does not have the ability to trace its own shipments! I was told there would be a delay because some agency of the US gov't was inspecting meds packages shipped from Canada. Yet this package was shipped from England. That was why there was a delay, not because of any inspection of meds packages.
4. The company maintains a postal address in Washington state. I mailed my RX from a neighboring state, but after 10 days Canadapharmacy insisted it had not yet received the RX. It then took more than a week for CanadaPharmacy to contact my doc's office and ascertain that my doc did in fact write this RX for me.
5. CanadaPharmacy was totally unresponsive to my emails (? perhaps because it does not want to document anything in writing?) Its phone is apparently answered around the clock.
6. Here is something that in retrospect probably should have been a red flag: I was unable to determine any Canadian postal address for the company.
Although in the past I had a successful transaction with this company, this transaction stands out as the worst one I have ever had with any mail-order or web-based business.