1.0 out of
5, based on 1 ratings and 1 reviews & complaints.
[+] Share this page
Come on baby light my fire...
Posted by Consumer on
While the title is a catchy tune in its own right, it was ever so close to becoming a reality in my home. Knowing my disdain for Walmart, my wife snuck in under the radar and purchased several candles from the local store. The brand of candles is Candle-Lite.
While we've always been fond of this brand of candles, the recent batch were less than desirable. The problem was that the wicks weren't evenly placed inside the wax. In some candles, the wick eventually burned and settled against the glass, causing the familiar black char against the side.
As we sat watching television, we heard a loud crack in the kitchen. It sounded as though someone had dropped and broken a drinking glass. To our surprise, the candle wick had been burning up against the glass and the heat street caused it to shatter. Wax was oozed all over, as well as the wick still burning. Fortunately, my wife places her glass candles inside of a glass lantern-like candle holder w/ floral etching printed on them. They're designed to offer a unique design when burning, but are also set upon a metal base for support. This protective vase was the only thing between the open flame and a possibly destroyed home.
It goes without saying to NEVER leave a candle burning if you plan on leaving your home, but one should also occasionally check on them in other rooms. We've never had a problem with Candle-Lite brand candles in the past, so hopefully this batch of misplaced wick stems was only a fluke. But its something definitely worth checking the next time you light up a candle. I hope this review helps others.