Management Abuse of Employees
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT -- Reasons for the immediate termination of John Fabish, Store Manager of Store # 05055, located at 190 Farmington Ave, Hartford, CT 06105
1. John is verbally abusive toward employees. He makes threatening remarks, swears at and about employees, threatens to fire individuals and all employees as a group many times throughout each day. His verbal assaults are both intimidating and criminal, violating both Family Dollar policies regarding treatment of employees and producing a hostile work environment.
2. John is both unable and unwilling to perform the job as store manager without the continued assistance from his significant other to perform administrative managerial duties as well as putting the company at risk for liabilities that may occur as a result of this person’s counting of company funds, access to confidential information, and fiscal liability if she becomes injured while working on the loading and unloading of trucks during receiving and of U-boats while stocking shelves.
John also has continuously put the company at risk by having a minor child, his nine-year-old stepdaughter, in the store in the early morning hours prior to opening as well as during working hours.
3. John is unable and unwilling to provide a work schedule for employees, thereby violating both State of CT and US Labor Laws. There has been no posted schedule for the store for several months. Employees are expected to call daily to serve at his will to determine if they are to work for that day.
4. During work, John has been under the influence of alcohol. The smell of alcohol has been made evident to all employees, security personnel and customers on too many occasions.
5. John violates Labor laws daily in regards to denial of lunch breaks and other breaks. He has consistently required employees to stay in the store, sometimes for several hours, after close without pay, “off the clock” time.
6. John has called employees at home and made threatening remarks, swearing at and about employees as well as making threats to fire the person. He has called an employee’s home looking for other employees that do not live there and also has made threatening remarks.
7. John has repeatedly violated the privacy of female employees by walking into the women’s restroom while female employees have been using the facilities. This is considered sexual haressment by the female employees.
8. Joe Russo, District Manager, that is responsible for this store and John Fabish’s immediate supervisor has been repeatedly been made aware of these actions and has also failed to address the situation.