OMAHA NE -- I book a week stay at Motel 6 on J St in Omaha, NE. The night I checked on I noticed the bathroom door was broken and the sink stopper was stuck on the sink. I called down to the front desk and I was told that he will have the maintenance person take care of it in the morning. The next day came I showered and the shower curtain that was up did not prevent the water from getting on the floor so again I called the front desk.
Later that day the front desk person came down and glued and taped the bathroom door where it was broken and fixed the sink stopper. Everything was ok until I woke up the next morning to large cockroaches crawling up the bathroom walls. Omg! I was upset now thinking they could be all in my items that I had there. I walked to the front desk and was handed roach spray. I explained to the front desk that I'm not your exterminator nor are you going to spray that on the room where I have my pets at.
He said later that morning the manager will be there so I could speak with. During the time that I was waiting I saw about 10 roaches. I stated later that morning to the manager that I wanted to check out because I cannot and will not pay to stay on a roach infested place. So instead of trying to accommodate, the manager then bumped our nightly rate up to the original rate which was $15 more a night than the weekly rate we paid because we wanted to leave, which is not right. How ridiculous! Pay the extra to stay somewhere else!
KALISPELL, MONTANTA -- My wife and I stayed at Motel 6 #290 in Kalispell MT on July 17. Our experience was so awful, I'm not sure where to begin! We checked in, were given room 221 and hauled in our luggage. Upon opening the door to our "non smoking" room, we were immediately slammed by the strong smell of stale tobacco smoke. I called the front desk and got a busy signal, over and over for 30 minutes. When I finally got through, the desk clerk (**) said he didn't have any other rooms, but would send someone up with some air freshener. He called back about 5 minutes later and said he did have a room (223) and would bring us keys.
We hadn't unpacked yet, and by now had discovered that the A/C unit made a lot more noise than cool. We waited 20 minutes and no one came. I called the front desk again, and ** swore (and I mean SWORE) he didn't say he was bringing me keys, and that he had to stay at the front desk, and "If I wanted the ** keys I should come get them." Room 223 smelled good and the A/C worked. However, the room had NOT been made up. The beds had been slept in, the towels were used, and the sink had toothpaste and other debris in it. My wife went to the front desk to get sheets and towels. They had everything except bath towels.
On the way back to our room, we ran into another guest who asked, "Where did you get the sheets?" Apparently she had been there for 3 days and her sheets had not been changed. Her room also had bed bugs and she had the bites to prove it! At least we weren't paying $140 per night like her! We stripped down the beds, checked for bugs and remade them figuring the worst was over. Fat chance! An hour later we discovered that the toilet was clogged. I flushed it dozens of times. Each time it took the bowl about a minute to drain. Nothing would break it loose. I even filled up the waste basket and "bucket flushed" it 6 times to no avail.
By now we're tired, dejected, and just needed some sleep. We drove 665 miles and 11 hours to get to Kalispell. We decided a hot shower and an early retirement would hit the spot. Sadly, on full hot, the shower wasn't even lukewarm. We got clean, but not refreshed. Spend a little more and stay somewhere else.
BROWNSVILLE, TEXAS -- My husband and I decided to get away for a couple of days so we rented a room and it was the worst motel experience ever. We wanted a room with a single bed but there were none available so we took a double bed room. When we walked in it smelt like mold or something, then the bathroom light went out in the bathroom. I talked to the front desk and they said they had no other rooms available and that they would have maintenance come up and fix it. They never showed up to fix it, so the whole time there we had to take a shower and stuff in the dark.
The first desk help was rude and spent more time on their cell phone. They were not willing to do anything for us. Then tried enjoying the pool and there were kids running around and throwing ice at each other with no adult supervision at all. Then the day we were going to leave we went to enjoy the pool and they locked us out of our room at 1030 when checkout was at 12. Will never stay at another Motel 6 ever again.
MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA -- At the downtown Monterey location I was physical threatened and almost attacked by their associate named RG **. The fact is no matter what disagreement people may have with the situation the use of physical violence or threats is never appropriate and it's never professional. This happened in the main office in full view of other customers and the manager Sweety ** literally had to physical hold him in order to avoid violence on his part. This event definitely put a dark cloud over what was supposed to be a 3-day anniversary visit to Monterey for me and my wife. Never have I ever had this kind of experience at any Motel 6 which has normally been great.
FAYETTEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA -- After driving for 10 hours, we were very tired. We decided to spend the night at the Motel 6 in Fayetteville. The room price was ok but if we wanted WiFi it would cost another 2.99 for regular service or 4.99 for the premium service (which the desk clerk said didn't work?)! Little things do mean a lot like, there was no bar soap to wash hands, no Kleenex tissue, I needed a pen to write but no pen or paper was available, we found cereal on the floor and a dead fly. Top sheet of the bed a cigarette burn in it. Just didn't feel clean. We will not stay at any Motel 6. Don't trust them.
KOKOMO, INDIANA -- God what a dump! I can't believe they actually call this joint "remodeled"! The light switches have bright LED's in them that will keep you awake every time you roll over in bed and are made to look at them. Those same switches are on side of the bed that's farthest away from the bathroom, so any time you have to get up you have to walk AROUND the bed! The toilet was plugged up without me putting anything in it but a Kleenex! Great housekeeping - huh? God help you if you want to watch TV because the screen looks like you're viewing it through a window screen (the reception is SO bad) and here's no decent channels available on it, because they're too damn cheap to pay Dish for them.
Want a snack? No problem!!! A less-than-ounce bag of chips is $1.50, a 12 ounce pop is $1.50, and so is the smallest candy bar made - $1.50!!! No profit there - huh? Only 500% or more!!! C'mon people, just change the name to Motel Sucks and be done with it!!!! I'd sure like to hear what Tom Bodett said if he stayed in this dump, because as far as I'm concerned he can turn the light OUT on THIS rag, because I'm not going back!!
NEWBURY PARK, CALIFORNIA -- Arrived at motel with a secure reservation from Booking.com. The receptionist insisted that I provide ID for both myself and my spouse. When I asked why, the manager insisted that I read a single spaced full page, addressing all of their rules and regulations. When I told them I did not want to stand there and read that before being allowed to check in they told me that I was being rude.
What it really came down to was they were Indian and when they gave an order to a lower inferior person - a woman, I was supposed to jump to it immediately. My husband was standing behind me and heard the entire exchange.
We told them to cancel our weeks stay there and we left to find a more inviting, welcome, place to stay over that Christmas week. It was as if they deliberately provoked a confrontation. No woman here in the USA should be treated like this. We had traveled more than 2500 miles only to have the door slammed in our faces. The parking lot was entirely empty of cars. You have to wonder if they treat all of their arriving guests with such esteemed hospitality.
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA -- On November 07 my wife and I call the reservation line and requested a room with a queen bed. We were told there was one at the Motel 6 1800 E Reno Oklahoma City. We arrived to find a FULL bed, not a queen. We dealt with this. We decided to check the bed and furniture, a habit we are into now. I attempted to lock our door, only to find the locks would NOT work. Upon more inspection, I found a number of other thing.
A LARGE wet stain on a chair. Dried spit on the carpet. A hole in the wall BY THE SINK, with wiring hanging out. The restroom was so filthy that we had to use our towels to clean it. (they refused to come and clean our room unless we paid EXTRA cleaning charge.) The vent behind the toilet was half hanging off the wall, which fell off later that night striking my wife in the head and leg. In the end, DO NOT GO TO MOTEL 6 ANYWHERE. We WILL be contacting our Attorney over this mess. If you have had similar experiences with this chain email me **. We as consumers should not have to deal with these kind of Companies. Please see the photos.
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH -- Checked in room on 8/17/17 3:30 pm. Room robbed while at pool 2 hours later. All our credit cards, checkbook, ID's and over 3000.00 cash. Video clearly shows a woman open door, go in and leave with items. Was told by Motel 6 it is my fault cause curtains open. Door did not lock properly. Police officer opened by pushing against. They called police officer a liar.
FT. COLLINS CO., COLORADO -- My room was taken. No fire escape on West end of building. Not enough towels for 2 people. Manager on duty was very rude. Trash in cans. Smelled of smoke. Toilet seat too big for toilet. This hotel was a bad place to stay and I will not stay there ever again.