Can not delete/remove/ cancel.
You can deactivate your account from your profile settings page. There is a link near the top right of the page.
To delete any reviews, you can login and either visit your profile settings page (and scroll down) or just visit your review and use the edit/remove links.
Hope this helps!
OK, so I accidentally put someone's name on my block list. When I went to try to remove it, I was informed that I would have to email admin in order to accomplish this. So I did... four times! It still hasn't been done! Why do I have to rely on admin to correct my own mistake. I have blocked people on other sites but I have always been able to remove people on my own.
After being informed by admin that they had a different email address from the one that was posted initially, they took care of the problem in 10 minutes. Thanks.
Typical bait and switch. I wanted to send a messages to people who posted complaints on a particular company but was told by my3cents that I had to become a member. After becoming a member I get "This feature is not available on your account" every time I try to communicate with other users.
I know My3cents would always be interested in assuring their site is valuable. What I want to convey is that what makes My3cents one of the best advocate (a.k.a. ** sites) is the open and uncensored exchange. The administrators only delete what should be, foul language, or offensive material. You guys do not get involved with playing judge and jury on who is right or wrong. I for one appreciate that.
If someone wants to come to a public site and trash an individual or company, then they opened their affairs to the public. If people agree or have helpful suggestions, then the intent of the site is being fulfilled. If their complaint is unwarranted or ridiculous, well then they will be told. They were so anxious to bring it public to start with. Can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen, right?
What I am stressing is don't be afraid to let readers post negative comments to complaints as long as they don't cross the line. Someone posted as anonymous a complaint about our Safford ** friend and stated they were no longer visiting this site because of him. If that is how they feel, "don't let the door hit you on the way out." Sure, Safford is not adding any value here while he trolls, but there are still people with NCO and other concerns that are getting their complaints heard and even getting helpful feedback.
I know I have done my share of flaming, mostly as of late since Lenny from Of Mice and Men has been around, but before I only would when it was a "ya just can't help it". I also just read, vote on occasion and when I feel I can help, add positive information.
The abusive threads really are all starting AND being fueled by one **. Pull his complaints and all his rambling add ons to existing posts down. He'll lose his steam and go away. Remember, his whole complaint is about something that happened a year ago anyway. Leave the way you run this site as is. You do it well and fair. If you kick everyone off who flames a bit, you'll lose loyals and be just another gripe forum - boring! Just my 3 cents. :)
It seems My3Cents administrators have taken it upon themselves to decide what you can and cannot believe and/or talk about. Today on the community forum one of them decided to delete comments about God and Jesus Christ. I for one dont care if you are a believer or not. I will not condone nor condemn a person for their own personal belief. But I will fight you to hell as gate to defend my right and yours to say what you believe and not have it edited.
Here are a few of the comments and at the end the letter I wrote. Please read and remember the point here is to be able to speak what you believe, within their rules and this was well within their rules. Thank you.
Stew (03/03/2007) I'm a strict creationist so lidman your use of the word evolve is troublesome. You may spit on the bible and want to spend eternity in Hades but don't expect the rest of us to follow down your Darwin trail of doom. Lidman, why do you mock the lord?
Lidman (03/03/2007) Then Stew you should read the book and start at the beginning: Genesis contains the historical presupposition and basis of the national religious ideas and institutions of Israel, and serves as an introduction to its history, laws, and customs. And learn that Jesus is your Lord and savor.
Stew (03/03/2007) Well Liddy, it seems proclaiming Jesus as your Lord kind of conflicts with one of the ten commandments. "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me." Seems pretty simple to me so please don't hang your Christ on me... as I said before I'm not following you to Hades. Lidman, why do you want stew to burn in hell?
Lidman (03/03/2007) Stew you must let go of your stupidity that man has taught you and open your mind to God. It is written, " Your thoughts are not my thought's and your ways are not my ways. So how can a man come before the Father except by way of the Son" -- GOD
The letter I wrote:
To whom it may concern, On the community forum "Another star project" By Stew there were comments deleted that were not only within your rules but were of a very personal believe of mine and who ever did this had no right what so ever to delete these! These comments made reference to God and Jesus Christ yet, someone took it apron them self's to get rid of just these comments. I demand you reinstate these comments with an apology for deleting them in the first place. You have crossed a line and I find it very offensive and a directed violation of my right to free speech as a citizen of the USA. What do you think?
This review was and is resolved thanks to the Admin and my self. Why do people like chow and HappyASAclam want to start trouble I don't know but if you must carry on. This REVIEW IS RESOLVED.
DALLAS, TEXAS -- Simply a few suggestions...
1) It doesn't matter how long you've shopped at K-Mart/Walmart/Sears, etc. Any store worth a dang will be as concerned about the fellow who just walked in for the first time as they would be about the people who have been 'loyal customers' for 50 years.
2) And the same goes for how much money you supposedly spend per day, week, month or year, at this store. No one really cares, and it gets an instant roll-of-the-eyes when it's mentioned.
3) If your complaint has nothing specific to do with the fact that you're handicapped, a war veteran, a victim of disaster, or just in financial straits, don't bring it up. It's a sympathy bid, and it's pathetic.
4) Make an effort to know a store's return policy before you buy something. It's impractical to expect the cashier to recite the whole spiel to every customer when it's probably either right there on the check-out counter or on the wall or on your receipt or all of the above. Finding out store policy is YOUR responsibility. Finally, don't be mad at the store about policies that you find ridiculous; be mad at the customers before you who made it necessary for such policies to exist.
5) Please don't immediately assume that because you are **, Asian, Indian, etc. (or even, gasp, **) that the people who acted rude to you did so for racial reasons. Some people are just equal-opportunity jerks.
6) If you get an e-mail or hear a rumor calling for a boycott on a certain company or product for whatever reason, do a little investigation first to find out if it's even true. There are many hoaxes circulating the e-mail universe. Chances are you're pouring out the Pepsi or tossing the Q-Tips in the trash under false pretenses. There's a good site (www.snopes.com) dedicated to urban legends and internet hoaxes.
7) Here are a few points I cannot stress enough: Capitalize, Punctuate, Form Complete Sentences, and, if you have a lot to say, there's this thing called a Paragraph. Make a few. Clarity is a good thing and tends to make people take your grievance a lot more seriously.
CALIFORNIA -- I find it very interesting that my3cents posts links to the vendors that receive poor critical reviews on the same page as the critical review. I found links to the very product I criticized on the same page as the criticism. So, in a way, I am advertising for the very co. that I will no longer do business with. Hmm... sounds like a scam to me authored by businesses and my3cents. After all, in the business world, "There is no such thing as bad press". Anything that gets your company's name out into the public is 'Good' Press. I think we've been duped once again!