Nordyne produces bad quality products and does not stand by them either
Posted by M on 2011-05-31
O'FALLON, MISSOURI, MICHIGAN -- I bought a lemon from this company. I will never buy another product from any of their companies and will do my best to advise others to avoid your products as well.
Here is why:
1. They make poor quality products and you don't stand behind them. I know because I spent $7K on an HVAC unit in November 2010. The product was bought from an authorized distributor and installed by them.
2. The unit never worked properly from day one. Since then, there have been more than a few calls to Nordyne tech support for problems with the unit. We never received a successful diagnosis. The unit has failed multiple times.
3. Now the installer is out of business/sick/not available. I asked another one of their authorized installers to come in and they have diagnosed the issue as a bad valve and damaged compressor. To replace the valve will now cost me between $ 1.5-$2 K in labor costs which I have to pay.
4. Nordyne warranty department is rude and not customer friendly at all. I talked to three people including the supervisor April. She informed me that it is my bad luck that the installer is sick and that I "should find his address and go to his house and picket it till he returns me my money." The fact that he got no help from their tech support, was apparently not significant enough.
5. Any other company with a reputation would stand behind their product and fix/replace.
6. Those considering HVAC systems, watch out. Find another brand. Be forewarned.
There was a time when Fridgedaire was synonymous with quality. It defined the entire genre. What a long fall they have had since then.