RIPLEY, MICHIGAN -- Recently we stayed at a Quality Inn in Ripley, WV and we found the hotel very lacking in condition. Our room had an [odor] to it; the toilet ran and wobbled; the carpet had stains in it. The breakfast was cold and unattended. The eating area was dirty... and definitely needed repair in spots. We do not recommend this hotel to anyone.
WICKENBURG, ARIZONA -- Was our very FIRST experience using Priceline.com to book our weekend stay. We will never again use PRICELINE.COM to book a hotel. The hotel choice selected was at Quality Inn and was the worst experience we had ever had. In the room Not all the lights worked. My granddaughter and I fell while taking a shower. The bathmat in the tub was not properly attached to the bathtub. I had just gotten out of the shower and got the grandkids into shower when the smoke alarm went off. There was a swarm of bees at the pool, vending machine's NOT properly with all the item selections listed, snack machine - chip bag got stuck in the coil.
We requested to be moved to a different room and explained what had happened to the Hotel Manager, **, while taking our shower and he was willing to us move only after being having a verbal exchange with us about the room. I also informed him of the bees at the pool. His reply was - "This time of year there are bees all over town, by the pool and even at residential pools.” He further stated, they've had beekeepers out and they are not able to identify where the bees are coming from and have even sprayed for the bees.
When I informed him of the vending machine not having the items I had selected, he got defensive and said, "There is nothing he could do about that, because the machine belongs to COKE." His face got red and was a little angry. The Front Desk Clerk then informed him of the issue with the snack machine that the chip bag had not dispensed. He started down the hall to see for himself and as he went past the housekeeping ladies, I heard him grumbling about us. I then heard someone whisper to him shhhh because, I was following behind him and the front-desk clerk. I then yelled at him saying I could hear him.
TROY, ALABAMA -- Our home had burned and Red Cross put us at The Quality Inn in Troy, Alabama. My mother is 87 years old and very unbalanced. They first off put us in a room a mile away from the lobby and then it was upstairs. My mother had to have meals brought to her because she couldn't go up and down the stairs. Then management was rude when we [were] trying to tell her about the BED BUGS that was in the first room we were in and then she smelled of alcohol, was dressed and looking very unprofessional, had a very nasty attitude and so does the staff. [This] hotel is going to cause Choice hotels to have a bad reputation in Troy, Alabama.
DOTHAN, ALABAMA -- We were given a room where the air conditioner was so loud that we couldn't even sleep the first night. Then we were moved to another room during the day the second day. The room was fine but at midnight the desk clerk came pounding on the door and tried to come in the room saying we were there and had not paid. We had the receipt where we had paid and all we got was "I'm sorry about that." We were then unable to sleep due to having had the door opened during a sound sleep. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy! Apparently the day desk clerk had not moved our room in the computer.
JOLIET, ILLINOIS -- There were fleas in two of the rooms - 103 and 111. Therefore, the guest ended up with multiple bites that are still present and two horrible nights of trying to receive some relaxation. The complaints were brought to the attention with two front desk clerks (morning male and evening female) and the housekeeper (**). The housekeeper was presented with a flea that was captured on a piece of toilet tissue. She stated she was referring this to her manager. The male front desk clerk asked for a credit card and stated, “card info was to ensure, if there were any damages, it would be charged to the card.”
Upon checkout there was no damage to the room but there was bites to the guest. The hotel was contacted on 09/24/2013 and was told by a female employee that a manager would contact us about the overcharge on the card. The card showed a charge of $161 yet the receipt shows a balance of $101.70. On 09/30/2013, there had not been any feedback or resolution.
ORANGE CITY, FLORIDA -- DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL OR AT THIS CHAIN… Roaches in room, bad odor, faucets did not work, internet did not work. Also, received an injury while in the room. Shards of glass cut my back while using the bath towels. Also, overcharged me by $45, then would only credit me $25. Have tried dealing with the Corporate Guest Relations in Rockville, MD to no avail. Everyone puts you off, says they'll contact the hotel, then you have to contact the hotel, then no one returns emails, phone calls, etc. Nobody cares! What a rip-off. Will report them to the local BBB, Health Department. They have to be in violation of some kind of business ethics.
POINT PLEASANT, NEW JERSEY -- This was the most tense, uncomfortable, and nerve-wracking night I've ever spent in a motel or hotel. It's also the first time I've stayed in a motel/hotel and was not able to get to sleep at all; not even for a minute. We checked into the Quality Inn, Pt. Pleasant, NJ on 12/25, on a chilly, rainy Christmas Day. The room was small but clean and nicely furnished. It was very cold inside, however, and took several hours to warm up to a comfortable temperature. The bathroom remained uncomfortably cold during our entire stay. The heater in the room was noisy and kept kicking on/off frequently, and alternated between blowing warm air followed by blowing cold air each time the thermostat cycled off.
But enough about the room. We left in mid-afternoon to go spend the holiday with family. We returned to the room about 11:30 P.M. and shortly after that heard loud banging/thumping/crashing noises from the room next door. This continued for about 20 minutes and was followed by loud and repeated pounding at the door of that room. When I looked out to see what was going on, the police were there and said they were trying to get the occupant to open the door, and get the situation resolved. I am not sure if they ever got the person to open the door, but my husband looked out shortly after that and the police were going into the lobby toward the front desk.
After the police left, the noises continued all night -- constant crashing and banging of items against the wall, the sound of someone repeatedly rummaging through their personal items, and repeated opening and loud slamming of the door. The occupant seemed to keep leaving the room about every 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, and then would return shortly afterwards and start tossing things around again. At one point in the wee hours, a car arrived. I heard a female voice in the parking lot and then in the room. After about 30 minutes, she left. The noise kept until about 6:00 a. m., when I finally gave up trying to sleep and got up to get ready to leave.
I considered calling the police again myself, or the front desk, but the neighbor had already been reported by someone else and nothing had been done. Whatever this person was up to, the management didn't seem to care, and I didn't want to draw attention to us and have to spend the night there with a neighbor who was angry with us.
I spoke with the man at the front desk before leaving, and he said we should have called to request a new room. Let's see... get out of bed in the middle of the night, get my husband out of bed, arrange for a new room, get dressed, gather our belongings from various places around the room/bathroom, repack them, move (in the middle of the night, in winter and the pouring rain) to a new room that was probably just as cold as the first one, then try to warm that room up and get settled again so we could go back to bed. I would not have gotten to sleep in time to get any rest, even if we had moved.
Don't bother with this place unless your plans include staying awake all night.
PENSACOLA, FLORIDA -- The room I was assigned had bed bugs. There were mice in the room. There was no hot water in the shower. I stay in a lot of Choice Hotels and this was by far the worst. Do not stay at this hotel. The staff was also rude and arrogant.
STRATFORD,06615, CONNECTICUT -- Friendliness from the moment we entered the lobby. Hotel immaculate and I couldn't find a fault. The manager or owners, two men at the desk, so friendly. We gave the place a ten!! Would definitely stay there again. I always know I will be served with the utmost best they can give.