In September 2008 we purchased a Mt Vernon and had it installed in our home. We had ordered and paid for it to include outside air. The installer said we didn’t need it and did not include that in the installation. It wasn’t until later that it did get put in.
By March of 2009 we began having problems. The igniter quit working. The tech came out and replaced it on the warranty and also drilled two holes in the igniter housing stating that this was a new modification that should stop the igniter’s from burning out so quick. This proved to be not true. From March 2009 we have replaced several igniters at our own expense, replaced one control board, and a baffle plate that cracked. During all this we found out that the stove was actually a 2006 which we were told by the manufacturer had been given all updates so it was as good as a 2008.
We will not purchase another product from this manufacturer. We have wondered if anybody has thought of a class action suit.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 1 RepliesAdd reply
Close commentsAdd reply
Quadra Fire sells pellet stove with known problems
Posted by Patricia on 2011-03-21
I purchased a Mount Vernon Pellet Stove in December 2008 fro store in Canton Massachusetts. Since then the igniter has failed in 2009 (still under warranty but service call was $150.00), the wall control panel failed in 2010 (cost to replace was $300.00 plus $150.00 service call) and the main computer board has failed in 2011 (cost to replace was $800.00 plus $150.00 service call). STAY AWAY from Quadra fire stoves. Service people at Franklin Stove in Massachusetts (service is great at this place) have shown me documentation from Quadra Fire dating back to 2009 that details problems with control panels blanking out and failures on computer boards. Quadra Fire Pellet knows about these problems but has not resolved them over the years. I have contacted Quadra Fire directly via phone call and emails but have never received an answer from company. DO NOT BUY QUADRA FIRE STOVE unless you have lots of money to burn!!!