MERRITT ISLAND, FLORIDA -- Ordered a rug Feb 9 and was told delivery would occur in 6 days. We did not receive rug and we called a week post-expected delivery date and was told it was 'misplaced' or 'lost'. New estimated delivery date was for the following week. We called 03/02/2013 (2 weeks AFTER initial delivery date and 3 weeks after purchase) and was told that the rug wasn't in. After my wife said we were told it was already ordered and in he said the binder was sick.
I called back and spoke with John the "Manager" and I told him we did not need excuses. They should have communicated with us. They did not. Additionally, he couldn't comment on when we would expect the rug still after 3 weeks! Also said didn't know how long it would take but expected their binder to be back Monday or Tuesday. We asked for a refund and he proceeded to try to 'explain'. I responded that I did NOT need an explanation. I wanted a refund. If we wanted our product a week (or indeterminate days from today) we wouldn't have ordered it a month ago. John the manager hung up on me.
Customer Service unresponsive, rude Product Quality UNKNOWN we have no received it. I just wanted the product we PAID for. If you can't deliver it, we want OUR money back.
COCOA, FLORIDA -- 1) The company lied when quoting the material receive date without notifying or correcting.
2) The company required full payment on the order date even though the material was not a special order.
3) The Install Contractor was sent to measure for material also quoted unrelated and non-flooring work to us and neighbors. He has since disappeared.
4) The material listed on a hand written invoice #1292 was not delivered or received in full.
5) This company initially quoted an inflated restocking charge for refunding, insinuating the manufacturer's requirement. My direct communication with the manufacturer disproved Tropical Floorz allegation.
6) Tropical Floorz has refused any refund. We are stuck with a blotched flooring order that we cannot use.
Avoid this merchant........
1)Received date: Material is not stocked at Tropical Floorz! It had to be ordered, making it a special order. On the bottom of the invoice it clearly states (NO REFUNDS ON SPECIAL ORDERS).
2)All material is paid in full before installations. Labor is paid to the installer(flooring contractor) when the job is completed to customer satisfaction.
3)This is between customer and installer.
4)All material was delivered and customer knows this.
5)Tropical Floorz offered to take it back even though they did not have to. With a restocking charge from the (distributor) not the manufactor! Customers threatning e-mails (that are on record)stopped any customer service at that point.
6)Customer ordered the flooring and can hire another contractor to do the job.