It is sad to see a once good company go bad. I paid for two-day air delivery and got 5-day ground delivery. I requested a refund for the difference between ground delivery and air delivery which they refused because they argued it was the fault of UPS not theirs. Add reply
Ordered 16 bottles of coconut water, 8 pure coconut, 8 w/ pineapple. Was sent an email that pure was *cancelled* but was not offered a substitution. Responded to email asking if I could substitute. Was told since the item was *cancelled*, I'd have to re-order and incur another shipping cost. Poor customer service and fishy business practice. Add reply
Poor customer service response and items are usually not in stock about half the time. I contacted customer service at least two times and got no response via email. I finally called. I decided to start doing business elsewhere since they can't have items in stock when they are needed. Add reply
Just wanted to share with everyone that I have always had good experience with vitacost, including my most recent order 2/14/10. Add reply
This is definitely the worst online store I ever bought from!
1. They change or cancel items in your order whenever and however they want
2. They charge the shipping several times for orders they decided to split.
3. They change the shipping method as well. For example, they shipped me a $3 which was a miserable part of an entire order and charged $60 for some kind of "super-hyper fast international express mail".
3. They are easily promise you to "ship it tomorrow" but this tomorrow can never happen.
4. And finally. When you call customer service they ask you to place another order for what they changed or canceled and pay for it once again. If you ask for supervisor they put you on hold and never respond again.
They are cheap, that's right. But consider what you really get for a price. As well, I don't know whether it's legal to alter the order after it was placed and without your authorization. These guys perform as the law is completely under their boot and the only way to get your money back is a credit card chargeback.
I would suggest being extremely careful when dealing with these crooks. I have attempted several times to get them to set up a magazine they promised in one of their "deals" at their website, and they have not responded to ONE email, nor have they returned calls... the real pain, any time you call to talk to a sales rep, no matter what time it is, they are always "busy" and the person on the other end states how they will relay the message to customer service person and they're updating their phone lines. They should "update" their people skills. 2 Replies - Latest reply on 12/01/2009Add reply
BOYNTON BEACH, FLORIDA -- After product would not arrive prior to going on vacation,(I paid extra for 3-day service), I had the package intercepted for return which was done, but after several calls to them, my credit card still has not been credited back. On my last call, the supervisor, Angela Arthur was very very rude. I have been purchasing from this store for a while and have seen customer service spiral downhill. There are too many good retailers to choose from, so shop wisely.4 Replies - Latest reply on 07/17/2007Add reply