CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA -- BEWARE of Wholesale Escapes!!!
In January 2011 I attended a sales pitch by WSE. It was presented as a one stop shop for all travel needs. I do not like to spend hours shopping around, so I thought it would be great. I purchased a membership for $4049 that included 6 anytime (Primetime) condo rental weeks, 2 Free Family and Friends passes, and unlimited 50% off Restaurant.com access. After I was a member for approximately a month, I discover the following to be true:
-You can find flights significantly cheaper elsewhere. In my case I found deals $213 cheaper per adult for an overseas flight.
-Customer Service will NOT respond to emails. I emailed customer service, the customer service manager, and the president.
-Deals offered by WSE are NO better that the FREE sites like Priceline, Expedia, etc.
-They never deliver the customer portfolio promised in the presentation.
-Ticketing option does not offer tickets to popular shows like the “Moulin Rouge” in Paris.
I attempted to get a refund, but after a few phone calls, WSE stopped returning my calls and made no effort to resolve any of my complaints. If anyone has had similar problems with WSE, please do like I am, and take the following action:
1) File complaints with the Better Business Bureau (follow up) and the Federal Trade Commission.
2) File negative reviews on as many sites as you can find like Ripoffreport.com, local. Yahoo.com, yelp.com, superpages.com, pissedconsumer.com, yellowpages.com, yellowbook.com, etc.
3) PROTEST peacefully in front of the business. Would you have purchased if you saw someone with a sign protesting in front of WSE? I would NOT have. This will impact their bottom line. Remember though, be honest about what happened, do not slander.
4) Spread the word! Don’t forget to warn you family, friends, co-workers, post it on your Facebook etc. Save others from suffering the same fate.
5) Seek legal means of help. The SC state bar can give referrals, (803) 799-6653.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 1 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
Don't do it!
Posted by Judy on 2011-05-09
CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA -- I listened to the presentation of WES and thought it was a good deal. They promised lower prices than you can get online. I go home and checked out "the deals". They were not truthful. I was paying the same for the cruise I had planned and found that other "deals" where not deals at all. I tried to phone them and they would not return my calls. Any of them. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ONE. If I was closer I would be protesting them.