Pyrex bakeware Complaint - Pyrex Casserole Explodes!!
Last evening I was warming stuffed peppers in a pyrex 8" glass casserole dish. I was warming them in my microwave and as I went to take them out there was a loud boom and glass shards went flying. I had them on my arms, hands, right shoulder counter and floor. I could not move as there were sharp pieces of glass all over my floor and I was wearing only socks. My bf had to get a broom and dust pan to sweep me out. Our dinner was ruined and I spent the evening picking pieces of glass out of skin and feet. If I had not used a kitchen towel to remove the dish I may have been blinded. It was very scary, I did nothing wrong and this happened to me. I have read on the web where lawyer's for them say these dishes do not explode, well, I would love to have had them for dinner that night and they can tell me that as they pick the glass out of their food and skin. I have been cooking 54 years and can tell you I never had anything like this happen to me before I bought this set 2 years ago at local Wal-mart. The 2nd time I used the pyrex measuring cup to warm milk in the microwave it exploded too. I will never use these products again. Too dangerous.