Cingular Complaint - Canceling a number due to death

Review by tink55 on 2005-06-21
CALIFORNIA -- My husband passed away last Feb of this year. I called Cingular to have his number removed from the bill and the bill placed in my name. It took me two months with repeated phone calls to have the bill changed over to my name. I am still getting billed for his number. I get a reminder with every bill he is no longer with me. When my contract is up I do plan on moving my service to another provider. My phone service is part of a corporate account through my work place and they have yet to respond to them in regards to my problems.
Comments:1 Replies - Latest reply on 2005-06-22
Posted by Eden on 2005-06-22:
Trying to handle such matters over the phone is usually very difficult. Physically going to a Cingular Corporate Store location with a copy of the death certificate will get the phone cancelled immediately. It is not uncommon for people to call into customer service and lie in order to terminate service without penalty. I apologize for your loss and the grief you are dealing with just trying to tie up loose ends.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.