Epson Complaint - Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax Review - CX9400
CX9400 - Complaint
This is an All-In-One Color Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax with 4 separate ink cartridges.
1. "Scan" has never worked unless the source is 100% flat, IE. it WILL NOT scan books or anything else with a binding that lifts part of the page away from the glass. My old Lexmark would scan ANYTHING readably.
2. "FAX" has never worked in a reasonable manner. It WILL NOT fax anything in electronic form. You MUST print the page first, and then scan the PRINTED page into the FAX function. It is nearly impossible to send a multi-page FAX: It requires about 20 minutes menu-hopping, all settings of which will be LOST when completed or the slightest mis-entry.
3. The ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) has never worked. It either loads multiple pages at once, or crumples a page in the transport mechanism. In addition it recently FELL OFF during an ink cartridge change: the plastic attaching tabs had just crumbled away.
4. I almost NEVER print anything except black text. None the less this piece of fecal matter requires that I put in one or more new color ink cartridges every few weeks. Clearly there is a TIMER to "decide" when the customer shall be shafted into requiring new ink cartridges.
5. I have 24 extra ink cartridges. I do not have a "Cyan" cartridge however. So this morning this piece of **** became totally and entirely USELESS.
6. In the South Seattle area you may purchase this from me for one dollar by calling 425-243-3664 and leaving a message on my Google Voice.
7. Epson used to make the very best video and printer equipment on the market for U.S. civilians. My first Epson products each cost less than half the price of ONE of the fraudulent / malicious ink-cartridges they are requiring for this printer.
8. Every single one of my calls and emails sent to Epson over the past 2 years about this piece of crap resulted in a "Buy Only Epson Ink Cartridges" (4 required) being sent to my email address. Nothing more. Clearly this malicious design and function is well-known to Epson, and was intentional and deliberate.
9. I will never ever buy another Epson product, not even a USB cable. I suggest anyone reading this also avoid Epson like the plague. With this kind of customer abuse, they will not be in business much longer. I sincerely hope!