Harbor Optics Complaint - Ruin your kids eyes - Eye glasses or eye doctor.?

Review by napoca on 2011-10-07
ROCKAWAY PARK, NEW YORK -- Went for a checkup with my kids my middle daughter was told she will need glasse not true went to an optomoligist she is good no problems rip off place they nearly ruined my daughters eyes you guys will pay dearly this post should be a warning to others don't buy glasses if they have a optomoligst in their store be ware harbor optics is located in rockaway park ny don't go their
Comments:6 Replies - Latest reply on 2011-11-17
Posted by Skye on 2011-10-07:
It's always best to get a second opinion when health is involved.

Glad your daughter is fine, and not in need of glasses.

Posted by Anonymous on 2011-10-08:
Skye> As I was reading, I was already contemplating my response. But you beat me to the punch, and your notion about 2nd opinions was spot-on!
Posted by Buddy01 on 2011-10-08:
Thank you for warning others about the underhanded tactics this place uses in order to make money.
Posted by Anonymous on 2011-10-08:
Isn't there some sort of medical board or licensing agency this company can be reported to? It's good to warn others here, but if it hasn't been done already it needs to go a step further.
Posted by Starlord on 2011-10-08:
An optometrist is a person licensed and trained to determine and write prescriptions for vision correctioon through the use of lenses. An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor who diagnoses and treats physical problems with the eyes. As a diabetic, I have to see two people yearly, an optometrist for eyeglasses and an ophthalmologist to determine if the diabetes has affected my eyesight. Each has his own area of expertise, and the difference is much the same as the difference between a general practitioner and a specialist.
Posted by secretinfo on 2011-11-17:
An Optometrist is a VISION specialist and an Ophthalmologist is a surgical specialist. Both are trained for primary medical care of the eye (pink eye, minor injuries, allergies, etc). BOTH can do diabetic eye exams but if diabetic retinal treatment is required a retinal specialist (a specially trained ophthalmologist) is your best bet. If you want to maximize your vision, a private practice optometrist is the one to see.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.