Lenovo Complaint - X220 problems
After extensive email exchanges this was my latest email to them:
- I bought a top of the line loaded x220 system and peripherals costing over $3000. I was quoted about 15 days for turnaround.
- My order showed up in parts over 35 days. This impacted my ability to get work done for my customers.
- A key item, a DVD drive kept slipping in delivery dates all the way to 2012 and then it was cancelled on me.
- A couple of weeks ago I was able to find the DVD drive on the internet from multiple vendors. You can sell to resellers but not fulfill a paying customer’s order. Did you consider buying back from a distributor and fulfilling my order? Did you consider telling me that I could purchase through one of your many vendors?
- The additional slim power supply I purchased causes the touchpad to go haywire. After two weeks of tweaking everything on the system I found this out on a Lenovo user website where one smart user was able to figure it out a while back and let others know. Then I found a Lenovo blog where this has been going on since May. This means I was sold an item that was KNOWN to be a problem.
- After I receive my full order I noted that the price has dropped considerably and I’m given the “match quote exactly” directive which is impossible to do unless you happen to work at Lenovo and have access to legacy data on parts and prices. (“Please note that closest configuration will not be accepted. It has to be the exact same configuration.” Per your instructions.)
- If I should succeed in “matching quote” exactly you make it clear in all your emails that if it’s not within 21 days of invoice you cannot honor it. My order date was 8/5/11. We are approaching 90 days and you’re are still asking me to do a quote match (impossible to do on the website because you changed part numbers) by going back in time to within 21 days of my order date. Just for my clarification, if I do manage to go back in time and get into Lenovo systems and do the match, will you credit my account within 21 days of my original order date?