Sears Complaint - Kitchen Remodel
TAMPA, FLORIDA -- SEARS PROMISES:
1. Contractor will start kitchen remodel 6/1/05--Didn't come first day.
2. Job takes 2-3 days--Tried to do it 1 day; stayed till 10:30 p.m., lights on, front door open, house filled with flying insects, we finally said, "leave".
3. Promised to be back next day--didn't come till 3 days later; didn't call (called him twice, Fri. & Sat., before getting call back; no explanation, no apology.
4. B. (contractor) back Sunday 6/5/05 8:00 a.m.; said only 1 hour's work; took 4 1/2 hours.
5. Monday 6/6/05, started cleaning up the mess and found much damage to cabinets and dent on new refrigerator door.
4. DL (project coordinator) promised replacement cabinets, replacement refrigerator door in about 2 weeks--took almost 7 weeks.
5. MG (salesman) promised someone else would come to finish job--no one told B. and he called and tried to come back on Sunday 7/24 at 1:00 in afternoon; "No", not enough time for removing items from cabinets (for 2nd time!); don't want him here.
6. MG promised cast iron sink (extra $$ for us)would be installed same time as replacement cabinets.
7. Replacement scheduled 8/4/05--no show, no call. I had to call--DL said B. took cabinets back to warehouse--CABINETS LOST (LATER FOUND IN B'S SHOP!)I want to know why he took them to his shop? They never should have been there. He let them look almost a week for the cabinets before they found that he had them! Something is very wrong.
8. Ten days later, Sat. 8/13/05, other contractor came--replacement catinets damaged worse than ones already installed, no refrigerator door, no new sink. No work done
9. Today is 8/17/05. No word from them as to what is going to be done. Have not dared to return kitchen items to cabinets because they could call tomorrow and say that they are getting everything out of my house or they have more cabinets or I DON'T KNOW WHAT. I'm tired of living w/empty kitchen, chaos in LR/DR, unable to have normal use of my house (2 weeks so far & this is 2nd time). This is ongoing for 2 1/2 months and they don't care enough to even keep in contact w/me to let me know what is going to happen. The few times they have called me it seems to have been last-minute notice and they TELL me they are coming Sat. or Sun. They obviously have no consideration or respect for the customer and they treat loyal customers with an emotional backhand that won't be forgotten.
I have to select an area of complaint but am allowed only 1 choice, so I selected Customer Service. However this mess also includes Installation, Delivery, Communication, Product Quality and Company Policies. The entire operation is very sloppy.