Maybelline Complaint - Eyes On Fire - Maybelline VolumExpress The Falsies mascara
CECILIA, KENTUCKY -- I purchased this mascara product on 11-11-11. About 1-2 hours later, my eyeballs were on fire. It felt like acid was burning them. My right eye continued to swell until finally it swelled shut. The pain was unbearable. I called the Poison Control Center and told them what was going on. They took my name and said I needed to go to the Emergency Room immediately. They asked which hospital I was going to and called ahead to the ER.
When I got to the ER, I didn't have to wait but a few minutes. The doctor came in, examined my eye, left the room and came back with some numbing eye drops to help take care of the pain. He informed me that I had Chemical Conjunctivitis, Blephritis and Pink Eye, all caused by the Maybelline VolumExpress. That was 11(eleven)days ago.
Today, 11-21-11, I saw my Family Doctor. My eyes are still bothering me, especially the right one. It is still draining, still swollen, and crusted together in the mornings. My vision is also blurred. My next step is to get an eye exam to see if I have any permanent eye damage.