LG Complaint - LG Cellphones
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NEW JERSEY -- I have just bought an LG Optimus V cellphone, & it is going back.
How this piece of junk gets 5 stars in reviews, I have no idea.
The on screen keyboard is the worst I've ever used.
Text messages are extremely difficult to type, send and store. I spent 45 minutes to set up my Calender, because the keyboard is so poor. Entering text, for some unknown reason things go wrong, & you have to start all
Auto-text seems to be missing, and I don't want the Google calendar, as I have to sign in (my password is secure, and long). It frequently locks up.
Also the Micro-SD card sent was the wrong one (Mini-SD was sent without the mini-SD adapter and the micro-SD which fits into this)
Set-up is also a pain.
The manual has such tiny letters that I cannot read it without a magnifying glass. You have to download the. pdf file from Virgin.
Lastly, Customer Service at Virgin Mobile is the worst (poor English spoken, and it takes a long time to get an attendant due to the voice reply instructions/service). There is no quick way to get a real person
Avoid! (if you want to stay sane and heart-attack free)
I struggled to return this phone to Virgin Mobile.
Here are some facts that are difficult to obtain:
- Call and get an RMA number
- Return address for phone:
VIRGIN MOBILE RETURNS CENTER
501 AIRTECH PKWY
PLAINFIELD, IN 46168-7408
Virgin Mobile returns
c/o Brightpoint N America
2675 Reeves Rd, suite 190
PLAINFIELD, IN 46168
- The price of the phone should be credited to your credit card
- Ask that the automatic monthly payments be suspended until you buy your
new phone (from Amazon of course)
- How to reach a live person:
Press 0 as soon as you hear "Alex", and keep pressing 0 for each request made for more information
- You may get your plan changed to $35 per month instead of $25 per month.
- If this happens, E-mail them at:
Demand a Beyond Talk plan for $25
- If all this fails, cancel your account, and start from the beginning. Forget your old account.
Hope this helps.