Overstock.com Complaint - Overstock charged the card but didn't ship ANYTHING!
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH -- They charged my card but didn't ship anything! HORRIBLE.
Overstock.com is a joke and, until further notice, a fraud.
I ordered from them and:
1. They immediately (of course) charged my credit card
2. They failed to ship it
3. They claim that they're upgrading their system over the next few days and that they cannot track some orders. They've had this lame excuse up for weeks now.
4. I sent them an email about this over 2 weeks after the purchase (they say contact them after 14 biz days) and they haven't bothered to respond.
5. I finally called their 800-843-2446 number and they blithely admitted that they had charged the card 3 weeks ago but never shipped anything, cannot find the shipment, do not have the product in stock and cannot do anything about even the charged card for 2-4 business days until it gets reviewed by research which is conveniently not working on the weekend. This means that they'll have the money for a month without bothering to ship anything! Unreal.
6. I finally talked to a supervisor who is, basically, at a loss to do anything or find out any additional information or even follow up on anything. She claims that she'll send this to research but that's it. I don't believe her. She, Marv V., said they are located in SLC, Utah and that their president is Patrick O'Neal.
They have a corporate number but, amazingly, not a tollfree number: 801-947-3100. She did not know who her boss's boss was or what the chain of command of customer service was. She was, frankly, useless and snippy and rude.
7. Is Overstock a fraud? Is this just a slick scam?
This is unbelievable. They can't even give me a credit on the card immediately even though they KNOW THEY HAVEN'T SHIPPED THE PRODUCT 3 WEEKS AFTER THEY CHARGED THE CARD but have, instead, decided to take an interest-free loan from me.
This is outrageous. Don't shop there. It's a rip off.