Travelocity Complaint - The worst Customer Support ever. 100% outsourced.
On January 17th 2012 we book the international roundtrip ticket by phone on Travelocity. The trip was SFO-DME on Jan 23rd and back on Feb 4th. The agent who made the reservation gave me the following false information, offering me the flight using United Airlines with the connection in both ways at IAD:
1. On the way to Washington, DC (IAD) the traveler could make purchases in Duty Free store in San Francisco, CA (SFO).
2. On the way back the traveler does not need to pass customer and border control in IAD, but could do it directly in San Francisco, CA (SFO).
It appears that both of these statements are false.
1. The personnel of Galleria DFS in San Francisco, CA (SFO) told us that our ticket allows purchasing something in DFS only at IAD.
2. On the way back the traveler should get the checked in luggage in IAD, pass the custom and border control, and then turn the luggage back to the United front desk.
I got the false information triple times:
1. When I book the ticket.
2. When I complained about this purchase on Jan. 24th
3. When I made final complaint to the Customer Support on Jan. 28th. The agent Nibel and her supervisor Marvin accepted that the agent submitted me false information, but rejected to exchange the ticket without fee on the United flight with different connection.
Marvin made a statement that there is the customer fault that he believes what Travelocity agent says.
Customer service at Travelocity is outsourced. Therefore the customer should not expect American level of quality.