Vitacost.com Complaint - A Series of Problems With Initial Vitacost.com Order
FLORIDA, FLORIDA -- We recently placed an order for two bottle of Vitacost 16.9 oz. Fish Oil, and two bottles of Vitacost 16.9 oz. Cod Liver Oil. We had a surprising number of issues on this single order. In specific:
1. Shipping was relaiTVely slow.
2. The cod liver was out of stock (no indication of that when we placed the order) and it was shipped separately about two weeks after the fish oil was shipped to us.
3. When the package with the fish oil arrived, we discovered that both bottles were leaking, and there was a strong rancid oil smell.
4. When the package with the cod liver oil arrived, one of the bottles wasn't included in the package, even though the packing slip indicated that both bottles were shipped.
5. When we called Vitacost about the defective fish oil, their customer service told us to discard the shipment, and that they'd immediately issue a credit to our credit card. Weeks later, that credit has never been issued. We've called and emailed Vitacost multiple times about their failure to issue a credit. Their customer service staff has told us any number of times that the credit has been issued on a particular date, we don't receive it, call back, and are given entirely different information.
6. When we called Vitacost about the missing bottle of cod liver oil, again, they claimed to have issued a credit for the missing item, and we have yet to receive the credit. Again, the information that has been provided by their customer service department does not align at all to what my credit card company tells me re the alleged issuance of a credit.
7. We've now called/emailed eight times and still haven't been issued the credits that Vitacost.com promised to issue.
Overall, Vitacost customer service staff aren't hard to reach, but after a whole handful of problems on a single small order, and apparently poor follow through on issuing credits, this has been arguably the worst online vendor of natural supplements that we've ever ordered from.
More Reviews on Vitacost.com: