Radio Shack - Product Bought From Them, Caught Fire, They Are Doing NOTHING
Enercell® 90-Watt AC Slim Power Supply with USB by Enercell - Complaint
EVERYWHERE, WASHINGTON -- I Bought this power supply cord for my laptop, Pretty expensive, but it came with more than others. I THOUGHT it was going to be great, boy was I WRONG!! After a month or so, I was sitting on my couch, watching TV. I heard an electric buzzing shocking noise. Looked over, the Enercell Power Supply Adapter was ON FIRE!! and the funny thing was, the laptop was not even plugged into the power supply cord. The Battery pack was ON FIRE, smoking up the house. It was laying on the floor next to my couch, and it even caught the leather on FIRE and burned a HUGE hole in it. Smelled the house up for days! When I saw the fire, I OBVIOUSLY put it out with Water. What was I suppose to do, watch it BURN the couch or the rest of my house? NO! Well, after about a month of emailing back and forth with a Radio Shack safety specialist. They were having an outside engineer check it out. The conclusion was "we will respectfully DENY the claim that our product was at fault" So I read the attached report that the engineer found. And it said that it is
determined that the failure experienced was a result of significant moisture/liquid exposure ( i.e. water emersion)
WHICH IT WAS NOT!! I OBVIOUSLY HAD TO PUT THE FIRE OUT WITH WATER!? I am NEVER going to buy anymore products from Enercell again, and ESPECIALLY NOT RADIO SHACK. I will tell all of my friends and family to do the same. NEVER again Radio Shack, NEVER AGAIN!
Enercell Prong MELTED