Save your health and your money!! Don't rent AMLI!
Mold Infestation - Complaint
SUWANEE, GEORGIA -- We just moved out of Amli at McGinnis Ferry, Suwanee this weekend because of a horrible cigarette smell left from a previous tenant, and a mold infestation.
We moved our recently new sofa, linens and other clothing into a new home, and brought the smell with us! I will have to pay to have all of it professionally cleaned! What a nightmare. And they only offered to clean our carpets, which was done prior to us moving in, so how could it possibly help? And they offered to do a fog treatment, however, on top of this seeming terribly inconvenient for my husband and I, I didn't want to risk whatever chemicals or unnatural substance would be lurking after the treatment was done.
My husband has horrible allergies (including a mold allergy) and I am 20 weeks pregnant, so we just didn't want to risk the fog treatment. We simply wanted out. In the midst of trying to remedy this one situation, our mold infestation was on the rise! Black, fuzzy mold that grew from condensation build up flooded all our apartment's windows. We notified them immediately, as I figured such thing would be taken seriously.
They instructed me on proper steps to take in order to avoid the situation. I removed the mold, and began following these steps. However, it grew back 2 weeks later, and every time we remove/ clean the area it's back within 2 weeks, if not a week.
We have notified them several times about both issues. I have called, gone in to the office, written letters, and I'm now reaching out to our city's code enforcement and the health department, and possibly news stations to grab someone's attention! It's not about us anymore, future tenants should not live here! The apartment, although it may appear nice and pretty on the outside, is filthy. Serious remedies should be taken before anyone lives in that unit. Save your health and your money....don't rent Amli.