Bob's Discount Furniture - Bob's Discount Saga
TOTOWA, NEW JERSEY -- 1. July 4th 2011 - Went to Totowa Bob’s Discount Furniture & ordered a 4 piece living room set for my Mother – it's to be delivered end of October; we give away my Mother’s living room set to flood victims.
2. October 28th – Loveseat, chair and ottoman arrive but the delivery man says the sofa sleeper is in the truck with a BIG RIP on the arm.
3. We go to the store and reorder the sofa sleeper, but can’t get it for another 4 months.
4. No sofa sleeper for my Mother’s relatives for Christmas.
5. January 28th, 2012 - Sofa is “delivered” in the WRONG COLOR -dark brown – our set is white.
6. We go back to the store to reorder the sofa; store manager tells us the set is discontinued and we CANNOT GET THE SOFA ANYMORE.
7. We call to set up a date for Bob’s to pick up the rest of the set. Girl tells me “You have had those other pieces for 4 months, we cannot take them back.”
8. We talk to a Customer Care supervisor – says they have now found my white sofa in a ware house in CT and it will be delivered next week! Yippee!
9. We get a call on Valentine’s Day from the warehouse manager – IT’S THE DARK BROWN SOFA – the wrong color!!! They will pick up the rest of my furniture on Friday, February 17th and say I’ll get all my money back in 48 hours.
10. Feb. 17th – The rest of the furniture is picked up.
11. More than 48 hours pass, my money has not been deposited to my Visa account.
12. Feb. 23rd.—11 A.M. - I call Customer Service – they tell me I will get back $2486 – my total bill was $3666!! Customer Service girl could not figure out the computer screens, tells me I need to call the store.
13. Still Feb. 23rd –11:15 A.M. -- I call the store – the girl tells me I’m only getting back $2486; doesn’t know the reason I can’t get my $1200 back; says she will call the Accounting Department and call me back by 3 pm.
14. Still Feb. 23rd – 3 pm – she doesn't call, I call Customer Care supervisor; she tells me I still have sofa frame that's why I'm not getting the $1200 back (a sofa never was delivered into the house)–AT THE SAME TIME—the girl from the store calls me on my cell phone and tells me there’s no proof I paid the $1200 deposit! Two different explanations & BOTH WRONG!!
15. Still Feb. 23rd – 5 pm - My husband goes to the store with the Visa statement and finally they agree we paid the $1200.
16. After one week we finally get all the money back in our account.
17. My 92 year old Mother now has a single chair in her living room as we look for another set elsewhere
I have 46 entries logged in my Bob’s journal (I extremely condensed this). Forty of the entries are the phone calls which had me transferred, on hold, disconnected, and/or receiving useless information. Of all Bob’s employees I spoke to, only 3 out of 10 at least acted like they cared. This has been without a doubt the most miserable/time-wasting shopping experience I ever had. I hope my Mother lives long enough to enjoy a new living room set.