La-Z-Boy Incorporated - LA-Z-BOY quality has gone DOWN HILL
LA-Z-BOY leather recliners - Complaint
ATLANTA, GEORGIA -- From LA-Z-Boy website
The comfort and durability of La-Z-Boy recliners have made them the perfect choice for generations. Get product details for our stylish and durable reclining chairs, power recliners, lift chairs and more. Available in leather and vibrant fabrics with eco-friendly cushion options.
I say - NOT!!!! At least not anymore!
We purchased two La-Z-Boy recliners in March of 1999. They performed incredibly well; we are still using them today and we had one repair, both chairs, of the ratchet assembly that holds the footrest up. This repair was performed after the chairs were over 10 years old. This is what I have come to expect from recliners that are relatively expensive.
The quality & durability of two La-Z-Boy recliners that I purchased in Oct 2010 are pathetic in comparison.
- Both chairs have had to have the seating area replaced (Seat chaise is what they call it)
- One was replaced in June 2011, under warranty – that chair also had to have the ratchet & pawl assembly replaced already(part that failed after 10 years on previous chairs)
- The other chair that required the seating area to be replaced failed in the Nov-Dec 2011 time period (“out of warranty” by a couple months)
- It took La-Z-Boy until April 14, 2012 to replace this faulty part and they charged me a trip charge of $70.00 since it “was out of warranty”
- When I complained to the La-Z-Boy Corporate Office, Eric in Customer Relations in Monroe MI, he said that I bought it from an independent store – even though the store carries a La-Z-Boy name (they are Furniture Galleries of Atlanta); so I would need to contact them
- When I called La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries of Atlanta to express my discontent, after speaking with a guy in Service and his boss the Operations Manager, I was told:
o I already received a $ 40.00 discount on delivery; I still paid $70.00 for delivery – actually that was negotiated at the time of sale in order for them to Win the sale.
o The two chairs cost me over $1,500.00
o Also, they ‘kindly’ waived the labor charge for this out of warranty repair and only charged me $70.00 for the trip charge
o I still paid $70.00 out of pocket for the repair
o Because of these concessions, they said there was nothing they could do for me
We have only two adults living here, both retired and we have no pets.
Additionally, I’m sorry to say I recommended that my wife’s sister buy two recliners at the same time, that are equally pathetic; she also paid over $1,500 and has the same kind of quality problems
These chairs did not hold up and I feel they DO NOT meet the criteria for merchantability and thus do not meet Implied Warranty as defined by Federal law and they do not meet the standards espoused on La-Z-Boy’s own web site.
They failed prematurely!!
I am seriously considering taking them to Small Claims Court.