Magnolia Pool and Spa Supply - Unwarranted Fees
Pool Heater - Complaint
RIVERSIDE, CALIFORNIA -- • I ordered a pool heater from Magnolia Pool and Spa Supply on Sunday night, May 6th, at 7 PM on their website.
• I canceled this order early Monday morning, May 8th, by sending then a message on their website.
• I learned later that when you submit an order it goes straight to their shipping department.
• The message I sent, from their website, went to the sales department.
• To my surprise, the pool heater was shipped on Monday and the order was not canceled.
• Apparently, the sales people do not did read their messages on Monday morning or they chose not to do anything.
• Given this process, the consumer does not have time to cancel an order before it is shipped.
• It was on Tuesday, May 8th, that I received a message on my phone, to call about this order.
• I did not hear the message until I got home late on Tuesday, May 8th, so I did not contact them until Wednesday, May 9th.
• When I called back I learned that this order was not canceled, but was shipped and told emphatically that the only way to cancel an order was by phone.
• I was very upset at the sales person who insisted that if I cancel I will have to pay for the shipping.
• After this discussion, I got off the phone thinking that the heater would arrive and I would have to send it back and pay the shipping.
• On Thursday, I than received a call from a shipping company that this shipment had been canceled and was being returned to Magnolia Pool and Spa Supplies, I felt better.
• I waited two weeks to see if the adjustment was made to my credit card, but no reversal occurred, so I called again.
• I was told that they were waiting for me to call back before doing anything. They had told the company to return the item, but no reversal was sent.
• I was surprised that they did not send in a reversal for at least the original amount minus the shipping cost, so the only open item was the shipping cost.
• After talking to the sales person, I was finally passed on to management.
• This person, who I found out was the CEO, told me that I should not have been arguing with his employee and now have to pay the shipping charge and an 8% re-stocking fee.
• I argued this point and he told me that this fee can be 30% re-stocking which is in the fine print on the website.
• I was originally concerned about the shipping charge, but now, after escalating this to management, I have to pay another fee.
• I have been involved with many minor problems with various business which are usually taken care of without any problems.
• This is the first time in my life that I have had this type of experience.