Sears Complaint - heating and cooling system installation by Sears!!!
EDISON, NEW JERSEY -- on November 8, 2005 the new heating and cooling system from Carrier was installed by Sears in my house.
After that I experienced many different problems. I Contacted Sears.
Once the guy came over and installed the missing humidifier. The humidifier was of a wrong model - not compatible with Carrier Infinity control. I had a suspicion it's not working. Tom Hague - the project coordinator for central New Jersey - tried to convince me that 20% humidity I have in my house is a proper humidity for human breathing and that the unit is operating properly. Carrier's website informs that Death Valley's humidity is 23%, Sahara desert has 25%, recommended home - 40%-50%. I insisted, the tech guy came over - admitted humidifier is not working - did nothing.
Tom Hague never called or responded on my messages.
Since that I called many different Sears departments begging, asking, complaining - complete ignorance. Nothing is done.
This is a list of other Sears failures with that installation.
1) the salespeople: Terrence McKinney simply fooled me. Talked a lot, praising how beautiful system functionalities are, then used my incompetence and made me signed up for the order that includes no options(Should I be a heating system pro to deal with Sears?).
2) installation: The furnace is installed so that the boiler's room's door can not be closed. The AC unit is not fixed to the ground. The Furnace unit is taped all over around like a 10 year old system. The most expensive Carrier Infinity control is not programmed, the guy was not sure how.
The bottom line is after 10 thousand $$ spent I am left alone with my problems!!!
Yeah and another cute thing:
Sears never even bothered to get a permit from township. Now I have to deal with it on my own too.
It's December 12, contacted Jimmy Stewart 5 times by now during last month. No responds on my messages. Jimmy Stewart is the supervisor over East Coast Sears Home improvement Centers.
To keep the list of officials:
1) Terrence McKinney - the salesperson who fooled me. his phone 609-389-8657 is always answered by fax machine :-)
2) Dr Cooling the Sears subcontractor who did a poor installation, lock of professionalism. You have to tell them what to do and how, tel: 732-970-0404
3) Tom Hague - the project coordinator for Central NJ - never picks up the phone, never responds on messages. Try it yourself: 800-495-2748
4) Doug Sandeloaffer - District Sales Manager - never picks up the phone, never responds on messages. Try it yourself: 800-495-2748
5) Jimmy Stewart - supervisor over East Coast Sears Home improvement Centers. The phone is always answered by his secretary, Jimmy never calls back ...
1) May 2006 - AC is not cooling the house, 95F outside. Called Sears, no emergency service, the guy came over a few days later saying, sorry we never filled the cooler at the first place. Filles the system, leaves.
2) The whole summer if the temperature outside is more than 90F the temperature inside doesn't get below 80F. My wife with a 6 months baby go crazy as well as I go crazy. Calls to Sears ignored completely!!!
3) Winter comes. The first floor requires extra electric heaters. The guy from Sears comes over - nothing he can do.
4) Inspection fails, Sears promises to escalate the problem and respond, nothing happened till now - end of November - 1 month after the failed inspection, more than a year after the installation.
Here is an update:
All summer 2007 the temperature in my house gets to 90F. Called Sears they came 2 times charged freon which gets out of the system in a few days.
The funniest thing is I am notified that there is no warranty on my system after it never worked properly.
Want more info? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org