ServiceMasterBC - Disaster Services? Yes, if you want a disaster call them...
disaster restoration services - Complaint
STEVENSVILLE, MICHIGAN -- The insurance company said to call these people for water remediation after my roof leaked causing plaster ceiling and wall damage.
Ken said " Don't worry. It can't get worse." He never wrote out what was to be done nor a schedule. He orchestrated a chaotic destructive and illogical disasterous demolition. He had a dehumidifier set up ( why? the entire ceilings were dripping, looking back it just doesn't make sense to do this everything's demo'd). The dehumidifier leaked all over the already wet floor, contributing further to damage. Workers put plastic bags (not large enough) over the bookcases. They did not protect the chair nor table nor sofa so I put sheets over them . Again, in retrospect, WHY didn't they put this furniture in the bedrooms?? It's relatively eazy. They did not protect the bedrooms, the cold air returns, nor the heating ducts. from the debris. I put towels under the bedroom doors but didn't think of the furnace till after. The electrical box, the boards holding it, and the light fixture itself were PULLED out of the WET ceiling by the workers, THEY never shut off the breakers!!! They broke two windows. They chipped and gouged the 1930's trim around the windows. They tore down a support column, which then tore 2 feet of plaster and lath away from the wall which was not to be demo'd. At this point I was so shattered with dealing with all these stressors and with Ken's continuing confabulations surrounding these "incidents". He left the broken wall ( in it's entirety, including the part they had broken). When they tore down this support post, it necessitated removing the post on the other side and the arch. This then resulted in my having to replaster and repaint two other walls that had not been damaged. They also left a huge strip of lath along the edges of the ceiling. The workers had also torn away wall paper border that was not to be pulled. AND it was NOT necessary, at all necessary for them to remove all the lath, only the lath that was damaged. In particular, the lath in the walls did not have to be removed. This is making restoration more difficult because a "layer" of the room is now gone. I was going to say, this made fitting the old baseboard difficult....FORGOT to say, when they pried off the baseboard it was as if for a demo. It is deeply gouged along the edges and has cracks. I would have liked to re-use the 1X8 's from this house built in 1929. I signed off just to get rid of them, but with a statement to have them fix the wiring on the sign off. It has cost me so much money and time to fix the disasters THEY caused. I hope that NO one ever ever uses them. PLEASE.