Best Buy - Acting as if Incompetency is a Virtue
Appliances - Complaint
GRAPEVINE, TEXAS -- We'll keep this as short as possible.
I need to buy a dishwasher. I know which one I want; model# / SKU#.
I call Best Buy.
Allow me to enumerate a sequence of events leading this writer to declare, "I shall never again step foot into another Best Buy store."
1. For years, their store phone system, relating to handling customer calls, is inadequate. Two times, today, a disconnect occurred, after having waited for an extended period of time on hold.
2. The music played into the captive ear of the on-hold customer is atrocious. Has anyone in upper management taken the time to listen, with a cell phone, how that music sounds? It's not fit for human consumption.
3. Online references to the desired product, as it relates to it's "availability" in a particular store is nothing short of deceptive. All stores showed the product as, "Available". 'Available', as it turns out, means, the product can be shipped to the store, or picked up, at a distant warehouse.
Keep your keys in your pocket. Don't drive there on the basis you think the product is 'Available in the store.'
4. The Appliance sales representative informed me that neither she, nor that department, is Best Buy. As I'm informed, they are contracted. My reply to that is, "I don't care who you work for. I called Best Buy. I tell you what I want. You tell me you have it. I come there and give you money. You then give me the product. I then drive it home.
After asking my name and address, she put's me on hold; never to return.
5. Try calling their national number. No deal. No answer. Go online and try to use their "Live Chat." The "Live Chat" button is ghosted. This being because all reps are busy. You wait like a 5-year old at Chuckie Cheese's, getting ready to smack the gopher on the head. The 'Live Chat' button now becomes active. Click it. Fill in two info fields for the representative By that time, someone else has that representative and you get to talk to no one.
One of the greatest insults to call a 'Real' salesman, is to call then an 'Order Taker', thus, intimating they have no sales skills. Best Buy floor people are neither Salesman nor Order Takers. They need Velcro pants for a sale to stick if it fell into their laps.
Ditch these losers. I called Lowe's. Within 10 minutes I had the entire deal wrapped up. The manager I talked to matched the price of Best Buy. Sure, I can't have the dishwasher today, through Lowe's. The one thing that makes up for that is, knowing Best Buy doesn't have my money today.
More Reviews on Best Buy: