ICICI Bank and its NRI Customer Service SUCKS Informative - ICICI NRI Customer Service SUCKS!!!
INDIA -- ICICI NRI Customer Service SUCKS!!!!
1. In the first place, the online access to my ICICI NRI account was locked/disabled even though I used the login/password that was provided to me.
2. I tried my best to reach the support on the toll-free number (1-866-ICICI-4U). Everytime it takes more than 5 minutes to talk to a representative. And they just say that they will not be able to service on the phone, and ask me to mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. I live in US and have been waiting to access my account for more than 10 days, and after 10days and many email exchanges, I am told that the passwords would be sent via postal mail to my Indian address, and not via email !!!!!!!. This just doesn't make sense to me, as there is no one to access my account in India, and I cannot ask someone to go open my mail and send me the password!!!
4. Dealing with ICICI bank is driving me nuts. And I am seriously thinking, why I should do business with ICICI bank.
5. The following policies/features are JUST UNACCEPTABLE to me. I have few bank and financial accounts for many years now, and I never had to spend more than 15minutes to get any issue resolved.
5.1. No FULL-SUPPORT via telephone, especially to activate disabled accounts.
5.2. Email based support with 24-48 hour response time. And this is misleading, as 2 days is taken to respond, not resolve issue!!!!! My issue is not resolved even after 10 days, and each 2 days is taken to just respond with counter questions/answers.
5.3 The responses from the Customer Service representatives is just ambigious (I was asked to "answer below 4 questions", when I actually saw 6 questions listed below the statement!!!. I had tough time to correctly interpret each sentence).
5.4 There is no way to reach a higher official/manager via phone/email to express my anguish, and get my issue resolved.
5.5. The website is not user-friendly, and there are many broken links. And sometimes, the error messages are just ridiculous (I got the message : "Unknown error occured", instead of the something like .... "The Social Security Number you entered does not match our records. Contact Customer Service")