WASHINGTON, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA -- We have a GE oven that was leaking carbon monoxide and was subsequently turned off by the gas company. Since we have small children, we called GE immediately to schedule a test and clearly explained the problem. Upon arrival of the technician, I was informed that GE had not given him the proper equipment to run a carbon monoxide test. After several angry phone calls, I found out that the GE technician has to get a special tester to perform carbon monoxide tests and that these devices have to be special ordered from Atlanta. Also after several angry phone calls, I found out that GE cannot even come out to run a test because the Atlanta facility is currently out of carbon monoxide testers. I find it hard to believe that a major appliance company does not have the proper equipment to equip their technicians on a such a major issue as carbon monoxide. I will not be purchasing any GE appliances due to the lack of customer support and service we received while dealing with this issue. It was really frustrating and disgusting.