United Express Complaint - Inexperience, Ill-mannered, rude, arrogant booking clerk and very low quality of service
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE -- My parents boarded the United Express 7266 plane on 01/25/2006. It was connecting flight for AIR INDIA international flight upto Delhi, INDIA. We spent $3000/- in total from Nashville to Delhi, INDIA. We got the worst experience of our life with United Express 7266 booking clerk. She didn't had knowledge at all, rude, arrogant and very low quality of service. It seemed to me that she was in a wrong profession. She was not suitable for a public dealing job. Seems like United Airlines/United Express is compromising on quality to save money or to come out of bankruptcy. She did 3 things:
1) She said we can't take more than 50 pounds now in the international flight. She didn't care to see that this policy change was done in September, 2005 and we had booked tickets in July, 2005. I had to request to her to look into that.
2) She said that United Express flight 7266 is delayed by 45 minutes and United Express flight is not responsible for their stay in Chicago if they miss their connecting flight. I found out later that Flight 7266 wasn't delayed due to weather and actually it was the responsibility of United Airlines to take care of that. She told me instead that I should have taken care to booking the flight and giving more than 2 hours gap. She didn't care to see that actually there was 2 hours gap , though it is not the responsibility of the passenger becuase it is connecting flight and all the tickets were bought that way i.e. together.
3) Finally this was the last straw. She said that my parents who are old 68 and 61 yrs will have to get their bags in Germany , Frankfurt in some alien country , where they have not even stayed and go thru customs and check them back again. This was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
4) When I asked this girl to stop giving us hard time, she proudly said that she can turn me away if she wants (like she owned the United Airlines).
5) When we asked for the supervisor, she told me that supervisor was not available. What kind of airlines or for that matter any business will not have their supervisor not available.
Worst quality in airlines - United Airlines/United Express. I Am never going to fly with them again. I spent 3000 dollars for this service.