Hardees Informative - stupid drive thru customers 2
I am a Hardees drive thru employee at a Hardees in Kentucky. I will not say any more than that as I do not want to lose my job or have burgers thrown back in my face. With all due respect to the patrons of the company that I work at there are a few things a customer of a Hardees drive thru should remember when ordering food.
1. Drive thru employees are people too. I am sure that when most genuinely nice people go through the drive thru they tend to forget that and only see the employee as a person who gets the food out to them in preferably a short amount of time. I am a drive thru employee, but I am also a twenty year old college student trying to pay her tuition on minimum wage so she can be a therapist. Some of us have kids a husband or wife just like you. Please treat us like people. If we don't get your food out as quickly as you would like we really are sorry.
2. Please remember that a drive thru employees goal is to get your food out quickly and prepared correctly. We are not stupid and we do not mess up on purpose. There are a few things you can do to help us speed up:
a. speak clearly at the box it is hard for us to hear your order sometimes (mayo sounds a lot like tomato over a cheap speaker)
b. don't change your mind a lot (we type things as you speak and every time we delete something we have to get a manager to do it for us)
c. If you want just a cheeseburger without the combo meal don't say number one or combo without the fries and drink just say cheeseburger. When you say number one we have to call a manager, delete the combo and type in the cheeseburger. This take TIME.
d. Hardees sells several different cheeseburgers. Only one of our buttons say cheeseburger. If you want a thick burger say thickburger. If you want a quarter pounder say quarterpounder. We are not trying to be cute when we ask you which one you want.
e. speak slowly it takes longer than you think to type in special orders.
3. Remember that it will take longer than you think to get your food if their are a lot of cars outside. It is harder to work fast food than you think. A drive thru employee at Hardees has to hand out cash while listening to their manager talk to them and taking an order in their right ear. They are also responsible for bagging all the food, making all the drinks, frying every order of fries for two minutes and thirty seconds, and for making the shakes. This is why sometimes when you are at the box it takes a while for us to get to taking your order. It is not that we are being lazy.
4. Also please remember big chickens take 5 minute to cook and all of our food is cooked after you order it. It is better to order these inside, you hold up the drive thru when you order them outside.
5. Say thank you and your welcome and please sometimes. We have a hard job and it makes us feel better. One person smiled at me today called me ma'am and said thank you and please. It just made my day because she gave me a basic respect that all humans should give one another.
6. If we get you order wrong we are sorry please let us know.