Electrolux - Let's Initiate Class Action Suit!
Electrolux Top End Refrigerator and Lack of Consumer Service - Complaint
Here we go! After reading all of your complaints, I felt as if it is a page out of my book. We purchased a 4000$ "top of the line" french door Electrolux refrigerator in 2009. We were so happy! What a beautiful unit. Well, our happiness did not last but 24 hrs when we woke up to a puddle of water in the kitchen. The water was flowing out of the ice maker and the ice was already clumped up into a block. We thought how could this be? A $4000 fridge that doesn't work!
We called Warehouse Discount Center where we purchased this boat anchor, and told them about it and they sent a service guy to look at it. Skip ahead three weeks and they replaced the unit. Approximately 6 weeks later, same problem so I decided to call Electrolux directly and the customer representative argued that she had never heard of such a problem. Only after I spoke with her supervisor was I told that it was a major problem with 80% of the units sold. I guess the other 20% were sold in Alaska!
So, here we are 4 years later and 3 refrigerators they now replaced the unit with a side by side (of lesser value),which we had no choice due to the fact that Electrolux would not refund our money but they were kind enough to offer us a discount on a purchase of another model of refrigerator. They delivered the unit and to our dismay, due to the design of the new model, the drawers would not open unless the door swung completely out of the way which is impossible in our kitchen.
So, now we have a $3000 unit that we cannot use and after speaking with Theresa Jones (customer representative at Electrolux), we were told that they cannot do anything for us and that we would have to live with it. IS ANYBODY READING THIS AND IF SO, LET'S GET SOMETHING GOING HERE! HOW CAN WE LET THIS COMPANY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SO MANY HONEST HARD WORKING PEOPLE?