Lowe's Complaint - A nightmare and more
COLUMBUS, OHIO -- I'll never buy from Lowes again.
Simple thing really. Change the Oven Cabinet, add an island in my kitchen, and replace the countertops.
Bought in December before Christmas 2005. TO DATE, the following has occurred:
- Wrong Cabinet was ordered and delivered. Installer found out when it was sent to the house to be installed.
- All the trim was wrong. All of this and the cabinet had to be reordered.
- Cabinets had to be "levelled" to install countertops. Turns out the Countertop folks, who know what is needed, aren't 'authorized' to touch cabinets... didn't realize I was dealing with a "union shop" but the contracts with their installers stipulate this.
- Lowes install folks take NO responsibility or oversight of the project even though I'm spending thousands of dollars with them.
- We've had cut up countertops for weeks, we have had to find two additional contractors for work, including an electrician which Lowes won't recommend (not sure I'd want them too frankly), and it's just nightmare after nightmare.
We're not done with the project yet so I'm sure there will be more to come.
Bypass these folks... I have no idea if Home Depot is any better. Perhaps it's really time to go back to specialists who stand behind their work rather than the "home disimprovement" stores.... I'm thinking that was my biggest mistake