Quality Inn - The Worst Motel Experience Ever!
MYSTIC, COLORADO -- Our experience was horrific. The fire alarm went off at 2:30 AM. Jerry [snip], the Front Office Manager, went down the hall, banging on doors, telling people to evacuate. The situation was very chaotic and we were given no information. I spoke to a girl who worked at the front desk and she said that she printed out a guest list before she went outside. However, there was no roll call taken so there was no way to tell if some people were still inside their rooms. If this had been a real disaster, this information would have been necessary.
We went out the closest door- it was propped open with a large red plastic gas can. This is so dangerous, had there been a real fire! When we went out, people were shouting to leave the door propped open. It was freezing, standing outside for over a half hour without a jacket. Waiting in the car was not an option, as we went out without the car keys and were told not to go back inside the motel. When we finally came back inside, the hall was filled with the stench of cigarette smoke, as people were smoking by the door.
Housekeeping was not up to the Choice Hotel standards. When we checked in, there was an open bag of candy and an open bottle of soda in the room. I brought these to the front desk and was told that they would tell housekeeping. The bathroom sink faucet was corroded and had several hairs on it. The toilet seat was stained. There were nail clippings and other white particles on the carpet. There was a huge amount of dust in corners and along the baseboard.
The electrical was not safe, as the microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker were all plugged into the same outlet. The coffee maker did not work; it kept shutting off every thirty seconds.
On 4/15/2013, I wrote an email to customer service at Choice Hotels. Two days later, I received a phone message asking me to call back, and when I did, Roberta gave me the email address of Robert Minto, the General Manager and said that he would be contacting me. As of this date, this has not happened. Instead, he gave my email to Jerry [snip], the front desk manager. I had asked for a refund, but was only given a credit for fifteen dollars.
I understand that the fire alarm going off was not the motel's fault. However, the way they handled it certainly wasa their responsibility and fault. Also, the maintenance and housekeeping issues were not at all addressed by Mr. Storo.
I will certainly think twice before staying at another Choice Motel.