Royal Oaks Building Group - Makes Excuses and Tries to Avoid Correcting Problems
Construction Supervisor and Warranty Coordinator - Complaint
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA -- This company's employees make excuses and try to avoid fixing problems.
In my new home:
1) There was a large gap with exposed insulation around the powder room sink pipe. During walk-through the construction supervisor asked if I could 'live with it' instead of acknowledging the shoddy workmanship and arranging a repair.
- Three months to finally get it repaired.
2) The patio was made with rough, substandard concrete which felt like walking on broken glass.
Two construction supervisors made the excuse that it 'hadn't cured yet'. Ridiculous.
- Four months of aggravation for it to finally be re-poured.
3) The company says the back yard will be seeded. They used Annual Ryegrass which is temporary and turned completely brown in four months.
- No resolution for this.
4) The custom paint color allowed for one room was not used. Two construction supervisors and the warranty coordinator claimed it was used because it was similar to the standard color. Research at the paint store proved the custom color was never obtained.
- After months of emails and aggravation the Warranty coordinator stated 'the room will not be repainted'.
Above are the biggest issues. Several smaller ones with ridiculous excuses and denials were also encountered.
- Suggestion: Choose another builder.