Echostar DBA Dish Network Complaint - Dish Network illegal actions
LITTLETON, COLORADO -- This company is first off horrible with customer service, then they are very deceptive when you try to cancel and lastly they charge you incorrect charges so they may place your account in collections! I am here to offer some assistance to those whom have been treated unjustly as I have. Here is what you need to do! document time/date/ and everyone you talk to along with their responses!
1) call their custmer service and attempt to resolute!
2) call their legal department and inform of a lawsuit!
303-723-1000 (ask for legal department
3) Go to the courthouse and pick up a small claims lawsuit form. VERY, VERY, VERY easy.
a) Fill it out for the amount they state you owe unjustly (you can only fill it out for monetary damages)
b) Look up your Secretary of State webpage and get the registered agent for your state.
c)Put under reason: Unfair business practices and a short description of how they unlawfully charged you!(really brief)
d) you can then either notarize and mail or drop this form off
e) This usaully costs about forty dollars but after you get your default judgement it will be reimbrused by the Dish Network!
4) After you file this lawsuit dish network's registered agent will most likely not show up in which case you will easily file for a default of judgement in which case teh court will then assist you in getting your judgement from the company.
If by some miracle they show up just ask for a continuance or
plead your case. They usually don't show up because it costs them much more to go to litigation then just to settle.
5) If they do not remove your deragatory remark after teh dispute then you may sue them for an additional 1,000 for violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
PS: You may also file complaints with the following:
I hope this helps and remember you owe it to your neighbor to ensure all large business follow the law.
(I am not a lawyer but I have personally followed these steps and recommend them to everyone whom has also had issues with this company.)