AARP, Hartford, Delta Dental - Warn Your Elders!! AARP Is A Parasite.
All - Complaint
TEXAS -- I have not seen a single aspect of this company that would lead me to believe them to be credulous in any way.
* It took a full 10 hrs over a 2 day period, just to enroll.
* I repeatedly experienced misinformation from the 12 reps that were "helping" me. Ask 3 different reps the same question, and see what happens.
* I've been placed on very long holds, only to be disconnected. I've been "disconnected" over a half dozen times. Sometimes while on hold, sometimes when the representative was obviously stalling.
* The automated phone system seems to be designed to promote frustration, in hopes you'll give up.
* I've had 2 reps supposedly email me a list of local providers. One took 60 seconds to put it together. The 2nd put me on 3 long holds over a 15 minute period. I've received nothing. (Not even in the "spam" folder)
* Beyond the dropped calls, I've been redirected to reps in other departments that don't even handle the issue in question, then disconnected while being transferred back.
* Trying to find some things on their website is similar to yearning for the Holy Grail.
* Hartford Insurance quoted me over double what I currently pay.
* Delta Dental only paid half of what their agreement states.
* Advertised "benefit" is "15% or greater" discount from Hewlett Packard. Actual discount offered was about 1.5%
*** Do not be fooled. This is organized crime. I firmly believe that they intentionally use aspects of old age against their clients. If you have another option, chances are incredibly high that the other is the lesser evil. AARP and the affiliates that I have dealt with have left me with the impression that they are all unscrupulous, unethical vultures. If you let your family members enroll with these companies, they will most definitely suffer in a variety of ways. But be certain there is another valid option, because if you drop them, you can't re-enroll for 12 months. Their online rating is one star out of five, and I can personally guarantee that this is only because "zero stars" is not an option. I personally experienced all of the above in the first 8 weeks of membership.
More Reviews on AARP, Hartford, Delta Dental: