Verizon Wireless - Worst Over the Phone Customer Service
Customer Financial Services - Complaint
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA -- I've been with Verizon since early 1990's and never had a problem until now. My husband gets a discount through work so we made him the primary account holder. We were told that nothing would change but the name on the bill.
1. We could not access the original account online because it was terminated but we were not notified of this or of the new account info.
2. I called in to get account info but was refused because I was not an authorized user for this new account.
3. My husband had to call in to get the new account number and re-register.
4. In the meantime, my phone breaks down but my insurance/ warranty does not transfer over to new account (but this was corrected and a replacement phone was sent to me)
5. We were charged a late fee for not paying our new bill on time because a new billing date was also given to us without notice.
6. I continued to check the original account online but no information can be accessed but then I received a bill for the remaining balance for the original account.
I called to get an explanation of what this balance was for and the phone representative told me it was an activation fee. When I asked for further explanation because this number has been active since the 90's, He told me he didn't know how much further to explain it and when I asked to speak to someone else he hung up on me. When I called back, the new representative explained it was a service fee for the remaining bill cycle (not my definition of activation fee).
My gripe is that we were not fully informed of what was going on with the account. If we were fully informed and told what to expect, I would not be questioning how much longer I will stay with Verizon. We had to pull teeth to get them to tell us our new account number and changes. Each call started with, "this did not transfer over with the creation of your new account" I do not plan to renew my contract with them.
Only redeeming factor at this point is that technical support did assist me with replacing my phone when it went down.