Sears / Kenmore - Kenmore Oven FIRE HAZARD
Electric Range 790.96619401
CHALFONT, PENNSYLVANIA -- My 2005 Kenmore Electric Range (model 790.96619401) caught fire this afternoon. Thankfully, my husband and I were present, as were my FIVE children. We were left shaken to say the least!
I was preheating my oven when I heard a crackling sound. Suddenly, I saw a spark that quickly turned to flames shooting from behind the control panel. We were able to pull the appliance from the wall and unplug it, at which point the flames died out. There was no damage in or around the electrical socket and the damage to my wall was DIRECTLY behind the vent where the flames came from. I am disturbed to see how many others have had similar experiences with Kenmore appliances.
Sears has been little to no help in resolving this matter. It took 5 associates before someone even took an incident report! I was told they could send a technician for "repairs" at my expense, since I am no longer under warranty!
This is not even the 1st issue I have had with this company. 6 months after I purchased my $1500. refrigerator, there was a recall for chance of fire! PLEASE BEWARE! DO NOT BUY SEARS OR KENMORE!!!