Ebay - Difficult to Receive Refunds Even if Your Purchase Is Not Shipped.
Any Item Purchase
SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA -- I purchased an item of eBay and the following are the chain of events that have occurred:
- Sept 18; purchased an item on -- the estimated delivery date was Sept 23.
- Sept 19: received a note from the seller that he was out of town and would not be able to ship my item until he got back into town possibly in four days, so basically (because of weekend processing) this meant my item would not arrive on Sept 23.
- Sept 19; requested a refund/cancellation from the buyer if he could not deliver the item on time.
- Sept 20; since I have not heard from the buyer, I called eBay CS (15 minute wait) -- eBay says I have to wait until the seller passes the Sept. 23 estimated delivery date before I can open a case.
- Sept 23; seller sends me a note saying he will cancel the transaction, but the seller does not cancel the transaction (so am still out $$).
- Sept 23; I try to open a case with Ebay, but the eBay website says that I have to wait until Sept 25 to open a case.
- Sept 24; I was finally able to open a case, but I get a message from the eBay website that I can not "escalate" the case or get a refund until Sept 30.
- Sept 24; I try to call eBay customer support -- 30 minute wait to talk to someone........
My point is that compared to a department store eBay is lacking in 1) swift returns and 2) customer service, and 3) does not seem screen sellers at all.