Gaylord Hotel - Bad Experience
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE -- (1) We made and paid for our reservations on 9/21/2013 at GAYLORD HOTEL, NASHVILLE, TN., with check-in being 3pm. Arrived about 2 hours early, was told to park in "15 min" tow in zone waiting to get checked in, was told could not park our car until we knew where our room was? So we are in a tow-zone, but cannot park anywhere else til we are checked in our room and are told "they will not tow your car"! Is this about crazy? My husband is constantly checking the lot to make sure our car is still there.
(2) The "very rude" gal at check-in tells us that our room may not be ready at 3? We are going to CMA Awards, need to get ready, eat, be d'town N'ville, and she says the room may not be ready until 3:30, 4 or 4:30??? She takes our cell # to call when room is ready. FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF WE RECEIVE NO CALL. My husband checks a couple of times. Finally, he asks another clerk "if they have lost our number" and YES, THEY HAVE A ROOM for us, but no one had called!!
(3) Also, we pay $20 to park our Cadillac. Why did their customer get to park his Corvette at the front door for 2 days? We were told "because he did not want his car parked in the lot"!! Our Cad. is just as special to us?? Figure that one out ??
(4) At one of the restaurants, $32 plus for a sloppy joe and a grilled cheese sandwich to go??? No drinks, nothing else! Highway robbery! We did not pay it either!
(5) Our bill was "PAID IN FULL" upon check out. Even double checked at the desk as we were leaving. After arriving home the afternoon of check out, my husband checked internet banking to find TWO (2) ADDITIONAL CHARGES had been ADDED to the debit card !! Needless to say, he was on the phone for a very long time getting these "wrong charges" removed!! Another screw up by Gaylord!
(6) Have stayed at Opreyland Hotel with no hassles. We have NO PLANS to ever stay at GAYLORD and WILL NOT RECOMMEND GAYLORD after the above experience the past couple of days. We have received much better service through out the country at other motels/hotels. And were expecting top of the line service from GAYLORD, which we did not receive.