DirecTV - The Worst From Ordering to Install and on....
BEAVER DAM, WISCONSIN -- 1) Received offer in mail.. Free everything no additional charges when you switch from Charter. Called and after ordering, or so I thought, the phone, Internet, TV bundle, was asked for a Credit Card! Well, you have to pay to send the...equipment from CA to WI $33. Had to deal with a CA customer service Surfer? Who insisted, with the help of a co-worker/surfer that I'm not a football fan because I did not "Upgrade!" for the NFL package.
2) Transferred to someone to Verify? My order. They were with a separate company who actually provides the phone and Internet.
3) Realized it was not some new technology by DTV and should have stopped there. I went on to listen and again, was asked for a Credit Card! This time $99. You must pay for their equipment up front. (I won't knock that company because I opted out of what they were dealing.
4) Install was ok. Just drill a hole in the wall, leave the mess, slap a dish on the roof, drill another hole for additional room, leave mess and he's done. I can handle the little mess but the adventure caused me to add that.
5) Uh, good thing I kept my cable Internet provider because it really helps to have High Speed Internet for the guy to program the system!
6) Programing is not much different, except, you may be forced to change your "Local" yes, "Local" viewing channels. For me it was only one that I noticed. It was a station 35 minutes to the south. I took a business trip to a place 1.5 hours to the Northwest and was then able to watch my morning news.
7) Weather only interrupted service 3 times in 2 months. First, happened to be during a storm where they sounded the Tornado Sirens. Granted it was more for strong winds but you get the idea.
8) Do not rearrange your setting in any way, manner, shape or form! Reconnecting is impossible and I have a lot of experience in trouble shooting this stuff.
9) The system drains your Internet speed even though you have High Speed Internet through your local provider! Tired of trying to watch an on demand movie only to have a message tell me that it can't because the connection speed is too slow.
10) You sit at home on a Saturday Night for 2 hours, trying to get their equipment to recognize the Internet connection which is too slow, only to go online and spend an additional hour preparing and writing your complaint so that nobody else has to deal with this!!