Inter County Rental Referrals - Scammer
Phony Services - Complaint
WEST CHESTER, PENNSYLVANIA -- Inter County Rental Referrals is a RIPOFF people! This page was designed so those who have been lied to, ripped off and scammed by a woman by the name of "Angela", this is the place to share your "experience" of being ripped off by her.
By sharing your experience on this page, it can help others from being scammed by her and taken advantage of too. This page is NOT designed for shills to leave phony "positive feedback".
PLEASE BE WARNED THAT ANY POSITIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT ANGELA OR Inter County Rental Referrals is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE and not believable. I'll refer to ANYONE leaving positive feedback about this "company" a liar and a shill.
Here are the steps that WILL take place if you do business with them.
1. You call.
2. Angela will take your call, give you a "line bit" about how she can & will find you a safe & suitable place, tailor made for your needs.
3. She will promise you that she has done this all of her adult life, that she has "many connections", that she has "special relationships" with numerous landlords, etc, etc, etc & can get you in just about anywhere & that it wouldn't matter if you had 7 dogs, a cheetah, 2 polar bears & a pet alligator, she can "work miracles" (her words) and even get rent lowered, deposits lowered or broken down in small amounts & that past rental history, work history, credit, etc, etc, DOES NOT MATTER, she goes to bat for YOU and is the "miracle worker"!
4. You will go to her office or meet her elsewhere.
5. She will continue with the line bit. Lies, empty promises that she can and will find you a place to live FAST and tailor made to suit your needs. (see step #3)
6. She will be very likable. (DO NOT fall for it-it's part of the scam)
7. She already realizes that you're vulnerable and in a bad position. She will continue to be your "best buddy" and then after explaining everything she is going to do for you, and she feels she has gained your trust, she will ask you for the $170.00.
8. You pay her the $170 and then and only then is when she whips out a "receipt" and once she has your money, you're stuck with a "receipt" that basically says all you're paying for is a list of rentals & that the list is compiled from public listings and that you're just paid for a "stack" of listings, the SAME LISTINGS that you can access YOURSELF online FOR FREE! In other words, she is NOT needed and this indicates you need NOT give her your hard earned money!
9. Once you depart and she has your money, she will not return your calls ever again and not only will you be ignored, but she will block you if you get upset about her CONSTANTLY giving you the runaround. You will call her profusely to see what she has come up with and she will offer you apartments from listings ONLINE that you can read yourself without her and each one she offers will be way out of your way, no where near where you listed you needed or wanted to live, or she will give you another publicly listed rental WAY OUT OF YOUR PRICE RANGE or she will offer you a spot in the most dangerous section of some town or my all time favorite is where she offers you a spot where you have roommates and that's if you're lucky she even takes your calls after she gets your money. You will notice each and every single time you call her, she is "too busy". Funny though, she had plenty of her time to spare BEFORE she takes your money!
10. You will still be in the SAME position as you were BEFORE you called her, just broker.
FOLKS, PLEASE BE VERY VERY VERY WELL VERSED IN DOING BUSINESS! DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT ALLOW THIS WOMANS FAKE DEMEANOR OF "HAPPINESS" AND "ALMOST 30 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS" FOOL YOU! PART OF IT WILL BE YOUR OWN FAULT IF SHE GETS YOUR MONEY! SHE IS VERY VERY VERYYYYYYY GOOD AT FOOLING YOU AND OBTAINING YOUR TRUST!
SHE IS A BOTTOM FEEDER FOLKS. A MAGGOT. SHE PREYS ON THOSE WHOM SHE KNOWS IS IN A VERY VERY DESPERATE AND VULNERABLE SITUATION AND SOME PEOPLE WONT EVEN ASK TO LOOK AT THE RECEIPT BEFORE GIVING THEIR MONEY TO HER BECAUSE SHE WINS YOU OVER!!
PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!! DON'T BE FOOLED BY ANGELA & ICRR!
Here is what your "receipt" and so called "subscription" will say. Keep in mind the only thing that you're asked to fill out BEFORE she takes your money is how much you can spend on rent monthly, when you need to move, amenities preferred, etc. She states that she will provide a receipt for her services & "what those services are" after payment is received. She DOES NOT go over ANY "agreement" with you verbally nor is there a contract to review prior to giving your money other than what I stated above and what it is she and her business does for you. When asked about it, she states there is NO contracts between you two in regards to rentals and AFTER you give her your money, she promises you a receipt (like any other place) the only difference is, when she hands you your receipt, the below listed in included ON the receipt and after you read it and disagree and want your money BEFORE you sign it, she REFUSES to give you your money back!
At this point, you have NOT entered into ANY written agreement, but how do you prove you gave her a DIME if you call the police when she has yet to "sign" the receipt proving you gave her money and if she signs it, that means you have to sign it and if you sign it, then you're STUCK with what it says in the agreement. If you call the Police and tell them you want her to be made to give you your money back, they will ask for proof that you gave it, and all you will have it a a yellow piece of paper that she has YET to sign, you have yet to sign it and they will tell you regardless that this is NOT a matter for them to force ANYONE to give anything back, that this would be a matter for the Courts. This means you're left with two choices. Either leave without the receipt and she still has your money. Or leave with the receipt, but then that receipt binds you to the contract. With NO receipt whatsoever, you have no proof you paid her anything (if its cash which she claims that's all she accepts but in some cases claims she accepts money orders or personal checks rarely) so without anything, you don't have ANY proof for a Judge that you paid her anything and if you DO have the "receipt" the Judge will say it is a binding contract and that it is legal, but morally and ethically corrupt. If you choose to do business with her, tell her NO CASH regardless if she demands cash only! I feel so bad for anyone who gives her another dime! Ever!
I, the undersigned, understand that this Subscription Agreement (hereinafter returned to ass "Agreement") with Inter County Referrals (hereinafter referred to as "ICRR") is valid for one year from above date. (Please note that the she scratches the one year part out and handwrites "10 yr" next to it but doesn't initial it) During the one year for which this Agreement is valid, I am entitled to obtain any current publication of ICRR to assist me in any relocation I desire to make.
I clearly understand that ICRR IS NOT AN AGENT OF ANY LANDLORD, and is not responsible for any error contained in iCRR's publication which is due information given by any landlord to ICRR. Nor is ICRR responsible for any actions or positions taken by any landlord in any contacts between landlord and me.
We are a referral service only. We are not acting as Real Estate persons or Brokers. We don't not guarantee that the purchaser will find a satisfactory rental unit through our service. (this line completely contradicts what she says "verbally" but of course that is "verbally" and you later find out it is a "line bit"she give you to get your money). Our purpose is to furnish the purchaser with the lists of available rental units.
I understand that ICRR is exclusively engaged in the business of assembling information on rental properties and then providing such information to its subscribers for a fee. The information is continually collected and revised. This information is gathered from a variety of sources. Some of the information is gathered from several area newspapers and other publications available to the general public. (<----right there! It's more like ALL of the information and publications, not "some") Other information is obtained directly from the owners of rental properties or their agents or representatives and might not be directly available to me. (ahem)
As I understand that ICRR merely takes such information as given, then categorizes and organizes this information and provides it to me for my convenience. (Huh? Its a bloody mess! Categorizes & organizes what? Its a crap load of old & outdated listings that were rented months ago. The ink is hard to read in some areas and the information is LIMITED on most).
I realize that ICRR does not guarantee that the information provided to me in its publication will be correct (<----right there she admits it but too late, she has your money already) in every particular and that ICRR makes no warranty, expressed or implied, and its not responsible for any misinformation that may be contained in its publication. (the last few lines is just pure BULL! She absolutely guarantees her work, expresses and implies it VERBALLY over the phone and in your face BEFORE you hand her the cash in anticipation for your receipt)
If it sounds to good to be true folks, it probably is! she offers her services for a decade for $170! Well well well! I guess she can afford to do that since all she does is give you a copy of PUBLIC listings from ALL OVER Pennsylvania! Nothing more! She doesn't "find" you bull! Like I said, you'll be hard pressed to even get a call back from her once she has your money and if she does call you back, she is full of bull. If she does take your call, she's full of bull when she speaks with you!
Oh! And the so called listings, she will promise some of you (like me) that she will get you the listing the next day, that she gave up her last copy. So some of us didn't even get that bull!
She made almost $200 just to talk sh*t and swallow spit!