Applebee's - Never Go To This Place ! ! !
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA -- On December 17, 2013 I returned from a trip to San Jose for medical purposes. My daughter and 2 grandsons picked me up at the airport. On the way home I asked if they wanted to grab something to eat. We talked about several places and decided the best would be Applebee's near our homes. I was reluctant because of previous bad incidents that we've had at this place.
I figured I could find something to eat there. We went in and ordered. Our food was brought out and we began eating around 6:00pm. I had a chicken breast dish with onions, mushrooms and a sauce. In addition, there were loaded mash potatoes and vegetables. I began eating and suddenly bit down on something that sent a pain to my gum and teeth on the left side of my upper mouth. I stopped chewing and tried to retrieve whatever it was. I pulled out what appeared to be a piece of bacon. Immediately after that I tried to finish chewing what was left only to find that my four tooth bridge had broken off. I pulled that out of my mouth. There was blood on it and showed it to my daughter. She said my mouth was also bleeding a little. I wiped off the bridge and placed it in a napkin.
Eventually the waitress came back and I told her there was a problem and showed her my bridge that I had wrapped up. She went to get the manager. My daughter and I were talking about what happened and I gently nibbled on the object I had pulled out of my mouth. It was a piece of bacon. It was also as hard as a rock. The manager came to the table and we spoke about the incident. She was going to take down my name and phone number and said she was going to tear up our check due to the problem.
Our desert arrived. It was a molten lava cake and was soft. After about 2 bites I was chewing with my front teeth and felt something in my mouth once again. I pulled out what appeared to be a piece of plastic wrapper from the desert. The waitress walked by and I told her to give this to the manager as well.
The manager returned to again apologize. There is no excuse for this as far as I'm concerned. This review will be going all over the internet and I will be contacting the Health Department in Las Vegas as well. If you value your life never go into Applebee's at 820 E. Warm Springs Road in Las Vegas.