Homedepot.com Complaint - Horrible Experience - Ryobi Cordless Drill
I have never written one of these reviews before, but I had such a horrible experience that I feel that I must share it.
1. 2 identical looking Ryobi cordless drill on homedepot.com but 1 had a much lower price and said "Internet only"
2. I called customer service to find out the difference. After 20 minutes on hold, a rep finally answered. After a long deliberation, she said they were identical; it was just a special internet only price.
3. I ordered 3 drills but when they arrived they were USED!!! It di NOT say "reconditioned" anywhere on the advertising webpage.
4. After another 30 minutes on hold, a customer service rep. would only allow me to return them and offered me nothing for my trouble. I agreed to return them. He said UPS would come and pick them up.
5. Waited 2 weeks for UPS to pick-up. Had to call again and endure 30 minutes on hold. Rep. initiated another pick-up by UPS.
6. Tracked UPS package and it arrived at Home Depot on April 6.
7. Received refund 1 month later on May4th but it was only part of the amount I paid. (less shipping)
8. Another 30 minutes on hold and a rep promised to refund the balance in 3-4 days. Still waiting.
Total time on hold listening to Home Depot's music : 2 hours and 50 minutes !!!